Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venka Prime Combo Counter

GlitchMC

Prior to Melee 3.0, the Venka Prime had a unique passive, which would cause the melee combo counter to increment by 0.75x each tier instead of the standard 0.5x. So when normal weapons would be at, say 2.5x combo, the Venka Prime would be at 3.25x, a 50% improvement from other weapons' combo counter potential.

However, after Melee 3.0, the combo system was reworked, and now all weapons can achieve, and maintain a maximum of, 12x combo. Yet, the Venka Prime's unique passive was simply changed to allow it to achieve a 13x combo, instead of the normal 12x. This is a *significant* downgrade from before, as the combo counter means nothing without the use of Heavy Attacks, Weeping Wounds, and Blood Rush.
The latter two, however, *do not work* with the 13x maximum combo counter, and instead continue to provide the same bonus of 11 stacks, despite being able to achieve a higher combo count, which *should* allow the weapon to achieve 12 stacks of the respective buffs. (testing details at the bottom of this post)
As for the former, since Combo directly affects heavy attack damage as a final multiplier, having just a single extra combo tier is barely worth anything, it simply multiplies heavy attack damage by 13 instead of 12, which is a total damage increase of only 8.33%.

I would love to see Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds be able to correctly account for the increased combo potential of the Venka Prime, as they once were.
Additionally, an increase to the maximum combo of the Venka Prime I feel would be warranted to make the weapon as unique as it once was. 18x combo would be the 50% increase that it once was, but I think that that's much too high, and I would be fine seeing something like 15x or 16x as the new maximum.

Not only do Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds only display 11x on their buff at both 12x combo and 13x combo for the Venka Prime, I thought it may just be a visual thing so I did some testing.
A Zaw with 32% Base CC, Blood Rush at 12x Combo (+660%) and True Steel (+120%) gives a final critical chance of 281.6%, which allows for Orange crits to display, and they do.

Next, I took the Venka Prime, which also has a 32% Base CC, and used the same mods as before: True Steel for +120% and Blood Rush, which *should* provide +720% critical chance at 13x Combo, which would come out to a final Critical Chance on the Venka Prime of 300.2%, meaning it will *only* Red Crit if the extra combo tier is accounted for. However, I was still able to observe Orange critical numbers, meaning that the extra combo tier is indeed not accounted for with the buff.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, was about to create such a thread about the Venka Prime and its feature, but found yours after searching a bit.

I can only second this!

Old Venka and its feature was awesome, new one is just underwhelming and doesn't even work with Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.

Please change that!