The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coprun, how in the world to get it instead of stinking Pustrels?

tundra--

Question

I used to be able to mine Coprun without much issue with the Nosam or Focus Nosam cutter, but ever since Pustrels have been added to the drop table these are all I get.  I'm trying to build several amps that require Coprun and I've literally been mining for hours.... no Coprun.

This really seems like a problem to me.  Has anyone else run into this?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

2 answers to this question

1 minute ago, tundra-- said:

I used to be able to mine Coprun without much issue with the Nosam or Focus Nosam cutter, but ever since Pustrels have been added to the drop table these are all I get.  I'm trying to build several amps that require Coprun and I've literally been mining for hours.... no Coprun.

This really seems like a problem to me.  Has anyone else run into this?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

It's a little trial and error. Remember, the red veins are the minerals, and the blue ones are crystals. Also, if you have the higher rank, get the upgraded mining laser (I want to say for rank 4?) that actually tracks the nodes for you on the mini-map as well. It seems like it drops more often in cave nodes, imo.

9 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

It's a little trial and error. Remember, the red veins are the minerals, and the blue ones are crystals. Also, if you have the higher rank, get the upgraded mining laser (I want to say for rank 4?) that actually tracks the nodes for you on the mini-map as well. It seems like it drops more often in cave nodes, imo.

Yep red veins are what I've been targeting.  The reason I'm not using the fancy cutter is because I think the lower end ones have more chance to mine common materials.  Though it seems Coprun is far from common these days...