The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ignis And Fps Drops

Thelonious

I experienced huge fps drops while hosting a game with a player using Ignis.

It's probably an issue similar to what Venom did to hosts: there are so many damage numbers popping, that fps drops down to low 10's, sometimes even freezes the game for a second.

And of course it gets worse if you're hosting a game with multiple Ignis users.

Please reconsider the way damage is processed and how numbers are shown. We don't want Ignis to get the same treatment as Venom and be nerfed to the ground.

Maybe you could just lower the rate at which damage is shown on continuous fire weapons, or stack damage information with each other (one number for normal damage, one number for all other elemental damage).

as a avid ignis user, This has never been a problem for me

That is, Im talking about hittin' less than 50 enemys at a time if i run around in survival for 5 minutes collecting mobs then turn around, Yeah that will drop my fps a lot

Normally, With the numbers half of them don't appear anyway, or fade out quickly so its never a problem, Might just be you but im not effected

as a avid ignis user, This has never been a problem for me

Well as you say you're a Ignis user.. try to host while other people uses ignis and do about 15+ minute survival mission even Xini/Cyath should be enough.. We tested that with 3 diffrent host's no problem for the host aslong he uses Ignis alone by himself.

And if you read what Thelonius wrote "I experienced huge fps drops while hosting a game with a player using Ignis."

And what I can se neither GPU or CPU goes up in load, So my guess is, it doesn't matter how good machine you got..

Edited by Astor99

• 1 month later...

I hate to Bump a month old thread. But this problem has recently crept up on me also. 

Not sure it even matters who the host is, anyone using the Ignis =  My FPS go to ... lala land, and at times even get complete screen freezes for ~5s at a time. Moment they stop using it, FPS back upto 40-50. 

Ive tried out multiple things like changing settings even all down to low and turning off all extra options, and yet the problem is still there. I tend to try and stay away from Ignis users now. 

Note: If i use the Ignis myself, i do not have these FPS dips. Only when others use them.

Any idea what could be the problem here ?