Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Suggestions On Forming Parties And Currency/trading

Playford

After spending 40+ hours over the past week I have a few things to suggest, let's get started.

The current system of starting a mission is clumsy, with selecting a mission immediatly starting a search for ongoing parties and only if none are found giving the option to host your own.

A similar (when it comes to hosting) F2P title that does a better job of this is Vindictus. In Vindictus when you select a dungeon/mission/whatever you get a list of parties formed by players, the number of players in that party and their names. You are also given the option of forming your own party instantly and setting some options like the max party size and a short description. The party size option is there for players who have slower connections so can only host 1-2 other players. The description is useful when you want to play in a specific way and let people know about it before they join your party, for example: fast run/thorough run/repeating runs/etc.

Something similair could be done here with selecting a mission giving lists of parties currently in progress, parties that are forming but havent yet started and some hosting information so when people drop in they know what to expect.

Another thing I want to talk about is credits. When you first start the game the prices for some blueprints and weapons seem daunting, then you sell a bunch of mods and realize you can easily afford everything without effort.

My only suggestion is that crafting materials become curreny of some sort, but I am uncertain about details and how to implement it properly so it needs discussion.

But for the love of all that is holy and unholy, no item degradation, other MMOs have that "feature" just as a money sink.

I'm just going to mention Path of Exile, a F2P title that completley lacks money and items themselves are currency, while that exact system could not possibly work here, the idea behind it something to think about.

But I will suggest trading crafting materials, not with other players or for money, but at a market where you exchange one material for another at a fixed rate. For example there are three tiers of materials, common, uncommon and rare, and you trade them something like this:

1000 common material (salvage/nano spores) can be traded for

- 800 of a different common material

- 200 of an uncommon material

- 1 rare material

For balancing reasons maybe only common materials could be used to buy others, it is also one of those things that needs a closer look at.

Also, I'm new here and this is my first post, Hello :D

I would really like to see a possibility to trade bluebrints or Modules. Like your idea to trade materials at a fixed rate in the market.

While I can understand trading BP's can go against the 'spirit' and the "farm-contra-buy" stuff, modules can't be bought for credits or platinum so trading them with others could be great. ^^

and hello back Playford :D wish you much fun ^^