Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failed Lich missions

jargonburn

I had the recent misfortune to fail a Lich interception mission, which had the dubious benefit of clarifying the consequences of such an event (without looking it up :P).  These are:

* Normal failure consequences (loss of items, bonus affinity, w/e)

* Loss of murmur progress (not unexpected)

* Failed Lich kill still caused it to advance and reset (expected) but murmur from the attempt was still lost

While this may the first mission in a long time that I've actually failed, ignoring pub Sortie Spy missions, I think the murmur progress from the Lich attempt should be saved. Again, not that it's likely to even happen again, but this seems unnecessarily punitive.

Edited by jargonburn

16 hours ago, jargonburn said:

I had the recent misfortune to fail a Lich interception mission, which had the dubious benefit of clarifying the consequences of such an event (without looking it up :P).  These are:

* Normal failure consequences (loss of items, bonus affinity, w/e)

* Loss of murmur progress (not unexpected)

* Failed Lich kill still caused it to advance and reset (expected) but murmur from the attempt was still lost

While this may the first mission in a long time that I've actually failed, ignoring pub Sortie Spy missions, I think the murmur progress from the Lich attempt should be saved. Again, not that it's likely to even happen again, but this seems unnecessarily punitive.

That suggests that the gain from the Lich attempt and the gain from Thralls is pooled/coded the same and are by effect subject to the same rules on the fail.  Thank you for "intentionally" scientific finding.  RIP those few minutes of your life.  Wonder if they could change that, it's not exactly a possible exploit like the Thrall spawn (though Lich spawn is influenced by Thrall kills).