Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Mission/Endless Diversity and Difficulty!

(PSN)Zero-0-P

Let me start by saying I love this game. However I have noticed as many may have that the game i moving more and more to a fast paced run and gun. This causes many Warframes and weapons to need reworks and tweaks. I don't believe the Warframes and weapons are the issue but our tilsets and maps diversity especially in endless missions.

Most of the maps are what we call urban combat areas for CQB, so snipers and bows though they can be used are not favored. That plus the pace of the game and this makes them even less desirable choices, the same can be said for Warframes as well.

Then the missions the Warframes and weapons could and do shine in are low level missions that everyone just ops to run through as they have very little value outside of maybe a particular farming need.

Now I do feel like DE has all that they need already just some tweaks to the system and additions to endless are all they need.

So here are my "Splinter Cell" gameplay thoughts.

1. "Extermination" could have a variation where one must be a actual ninja and stay hidden because if the enemy sounds the alarm you fail the mission. Now the mission is new but not the idea, DE uses it as a riven unlock requirement. A mission like this would be a change of pace, have more hacks, scanners and cameras to increase difficulty as well. 

1.1. This is so I'm not so redundant I feel similar changes or variations should be done to Rescue, Capture, and Spy missions. I also think the maps should be longer or larger.

1.2. Rescue if you sound the alarm at all before getting to the rescue target they start the execution timer. You can also turn this into a endless mission that restarts and gets more challenging with higher profile target extractions(this would work similar to defense or interception where it stops and asks if you want to rescue a higher profile target).

1.3. Capture sounding any alarm should cause them to flee immediately.( Ok incomplete thought could use suggestions on this one)

1.4. Spy sounding any outside alarms will cause all three locations to dumb there data. Once inside any location then it will be the same if you sound a alarm only that data will go on timer. This could also be made endless increasing difficulty, cameras, scanners, hacks etc.

I believe that this would add elements that allow other gameplay Warframes and weapons to shine.

I have more thought but I already feel like I wrote a ten page essay as it is but if there are questions or suggestions I would love to hear them.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero-0-P said:

I believe that this would add elements that allow other gameplay Warframes and weapons to shine.

I believe this will only serve to make frames like Loki, Ivara, Ash and Octavia (you know, with invisibility) the only viable option for missions, therefore reducing diversity dramatically.

5 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

I believe this will only serve to make frames like Loki, Ivara, Ash and Octavia (you know, with invisibility) the only viable option for missions, therefore reducing diversity dramatically.

I understand what you are saying and yes they would make those missions easier, but not the only option. Because those frames exist there is no avoiding there use Like Limbo on Lua Spy with the Lasers. However it does offer a change of both pace and challenge not connected to just making the enemies stronger. 

What do you think would help diversify the games current mechanics?