Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Familial Debt-Bonds: Ideas for Better Distribution

Finlaena

So, I've gotten to max rank for Cove with Solaris United. Hooray! 

Except now, I can't become 'Old Mate', because I need 10 Familial Debt-Bonds. Which, as it is right now, are nearly impossible to obtain consistently for a variety of reasons. Namely the RNG state of the Solaris United bounties and the randomized rewards. I get why that is -and frankly, I'd rather do bounties in Orb Vallis than the hair-pulling nightmare that is Plains of Eidolon-, but for those of us who have limited time during the days to play, it's more frustrating and a turn-off than anything else. 

Supposedly, Ticker should be selling Familial Debt-Bonds every once in a blue moon. But out of all the times I've spoken to her -and I've spoken to her a lot by now- and looked at her wares, I have yet to come across any. 

So, my suggestions for helping with the distribution of Familial Debt-Bonds is as follows. Bear in mind I'm trying to make the requirements for them equal to or slightly more than the current way to obtain them (through the highest level bounty on Fortuna):

1) Making them rewards for freeing Solaris in the Corpus ship rework. I'll confess that I'm taking a shot in the dark on this one, as Deadlock Protocol hasn't hit consoles until the day after I post this. But it would give an extra incentive to rescue them if Familial Debt-Bonds are a reward. Also, perhaps they could be rare drop items from Eximus enemies on the reworked Corpus ships (perhaps the nodes on Venus), like how Carbides and Cubic Diodes for Railjack drop every once in a while on Europa and Ceres respectively.

2) Increase the frequency they show up in Ticker's shop, but have extra requirements (i.e. Toroids, perhaps?) for purchasing them, like dipping into rarer crafting materials or materials that you get from Cetus/POE. 

3) Have them be a Partner-level item to purchase with standing points through the Perrin Sequence, like about 100,000 standing for 5 or 10. Lore-wise, this could work since Ergo Glast seems to be the type of person who'd be sympathetic to the Solaris' plight and the Perrin could've intercepted some for the Tenno to sneak back to Fortuna (again, probably a sneaky way of doing it due to Glast being on Nef's hit list after 'The Glast Gambit'). I also bring this up because I've bought nearly all the items the Perrin Sequence has to offer for standing and I want to continue simping for Glast, lmao. 

Anyhow, those are my suggestions on how to improve the Familial Debt-Bond distribution. :V

Edited by (NSW)Finlaena

27 minutes ago, (NSW)SongOfTheSea said:

In the same boat myself lol I think they need to increase the rates for when she offers them, but I'll take whatever ideas you have on this.

Ideally, that would be the easiest solution. The funny thing is that, now that I have more than enough needed, she's selling the Advances Debt-Bonds at a higher frequency. I'm not sure what the estimated percentage rate is for Familial Debt-Bonds showing up in Ticker's shop, but they need to be boosted a little more, maybe something that scales the frequency depending on what your current rank is with Solaris United (i.e. FDBs show up more if you're Cove vs. if you're Outworlder).

My other two options are admittedly more complicated than they need to be, but it does offer a chance to shake things up a little here and there. 

• Like 1