Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pokemon X / Y Friend Code / Discussion Thread

Azure_Kytia

those are some pretty crazy abilities. Impractical is like anti-truant, Shining Jewel is an interesting idea as well, and of course extra stab boost is nice (but it's basically just adaptability). its good to know that the mystery ghost girl will have some relevance and wasn't just a crazy one-off easter egg. I assume hoopa will learn at least calm mind or some basic +2 boosting move, and it'll always get a free turn every other turn. that'll be crazy, almost guaranteed setup

those are some pretty crazy abilities. Impractical is like anti-truant, Shining Jewel is an interesting idea as well, and of course extra stab boost is nice (but it's basically just adaptability). its good to know that the mystery ghost girl will have some relevance and wasn't just a crazy one-off easter egg. I assume hoopa will learn at least calm mind or some basic +2 boosting move, and it'll always get a free turn every other turn. that'll be crazy, almost guaranteed setup

Yeah, steamed-up is similar to adaptability but better. Steam Eruption on volcanion will be 231, 110 + 55(stab bonus) + 66(40% of base power + stab bonus) instead of 220(adaptability)

Edited by MiNDBREAKz

Yeah, steamed-up is similar to adaptability but better. Steam Eruption on volcanion will be 231, 110 + 55(stab bonus) + 66(40% of base power + stab bonus) instead of 220(adaptability)

ah, so 40% after stab, ok, so it's not like tuboblaze and teravolt, which are just renamed mold breaker. speaking of which, do you think kyrem-b/w, zekrom, and reshiram will see more use in ubers if hoopa is in fact released with Impractical?

in other news, I've been breeding swinub, and getting a perfect one wasn't too bad, but to mitigate life orb damage, mamoswine's HP IV should be 28/29 (at level 50 this gives you 184 HP, so LO does 18 damage to you instead of 19), and this randomness has become tedious. but if anyone wants 5V swinubs with thick fat, jolly, and icicle crash, I can certainly hook you up. I have a few swinub with HP IV's in the range of 20-24, which should give mamoswine 180-182 HP at level 50. I'm going to try to breed a few more and try my luck with those, hoping that destiny knot picks the other 5 stats from the parents, and then hoping that the HP IV is 26+. but barring that, I'll pin down the specific IV from 20-24, and decide from there. 28/29 is ideal, but if I can't get that, it depends on how many attacks mamoswine will be able to make. perfect HP IV gives him less health after the 4th attack vs. 24/25 IV (same health after 3rd attack), 5th attack vs. 22/23, and 6th attack vs. 20/21, so at this point, I think perfect HP is fine, but I don't know how long mamoswine usually survives in a battle. unlike LO talonflame and greninja, mamoswine can actually take some hits, so longevity is an issue

ah, so 40% after stab, ok, so it's not like tuboblaze and teravolt, which are just renamed mold breaker. speaking of which, do you think kyrem-b/w, zekrom, and reshiram will see more use in ubers if hoopa is in fact released with Impractical?

in other news, I've been breeding swinub, and getting a perfect one wasn't too bad, but to mitigate life orb damage, mamoswine's HP IV should be 28/29 (at level 50 this gives you 184 HP, so LO does 18 damage to you instead of 19), and this randomness has become tedious. but if anyone wants 5V swinubs with thick fat, jolly, and icicle crash, I can certainly hook you up. I have a few swinub with HP IV's in the range of 20-24, which should give mamoswine 180-182 HP at level 50. I'm going to try to breed a few more and try my luck with those, hoping that destiny knot picks the other 5 stats from the parents, and then hoping that the HP IV is 26+. but barring that, I'll pin down the specific IV from 20-24, and decide from there. 28/29 is ideal, but if I can't get that, it depends on how many attacks mamoswine will be able to make. perfect HP IV gives him less health after the 4th attack vs. 24/25 IV (same health after 3rd attack), 5th attack vs. 22/23, and 6th attack vs. 20/21, so at this point, I think perfect HP is fine, but I don't know how long mamoswine usually survives in a battle. unlike LO talonflame and greninja, mamoswine can actually take some hits, so longevity is an issue

Kyurem-b will see little to no use in ubers even if impractical is real. Even then, Hoopa might be outright banned from ubers as well.

As for Mamoswine, you shouldn't worry about longevity. He isn't meant to sweep. He only plays 2 roles and once he's finished doing what he was meant to do (check dragons/setting up rocks), then he'll become your most expendable member.

Edited by MiNDBREAKz

yeah, kyure-b wasn't even tiered in ubers last gen, was he? my mistake. 

and that is good to know. the offer still stands for anyone who wants 5V jolly mamoswines. Imma have to get in on this pokemon showdown once I have some time

Kyurem-B was in OU. Now he's in BL (which is surprising tbh).

Kyurem-B was in OU. Now he's in BL (which is surprising tbh).

Kyurem B had an ice typing and a rubbish physical movepool.

This gen its only decent stab is now completely walled by fairies.

Ice is bad 'coz rocks, mach punch and bullet punch. 

Kyurem B had an ice typing and a rubbish physical movepool.

This gen its only decent stab is now completely walled by fairies.

Ice is bad 'coz rocks, mach punch and bullet punch. 

Yeah? Base 170 Attack is nothing to scoff at along with base 120 SpA. He is perhaps one the best wallbreakers and his physical movepool may be shallow ; however, he has everything he needs other than a physical ice STAB. Sure his ice typing is pretty detrimental to his viability , but remember, he has good bulk 125/100/90. 

Yeah? Base 170 Attack is nothing to scoff at along with base 120 SpA. He is perhaps one the best wallbreakers and his physical movepool may be shallow ; however, he has everything he needs other than a physical ice STAB. Sure his ice typing is pretty detrimental to his viability , but remember, he has good bulk 125/100/90. 

Still, after rocks Banded scizor OHKO's with bullet punch.

Also, I've been doing a bit of battling, and enjoying stall play.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-78413649

(I'm Ban Seedot btw)

Still, after rocks Banded scizor OHKO's with bullet punch.

Also, I've been doing a bit of battling, and enjoying stall play.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-78413649

(I'm Ban Seedot btw)

Defog has been pretty prevalent in the current meta (new things are around and people are still playing around with new things) so don't expect hazards to be up at all times.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Kyurem-B: 320-380 (70.4 - 83.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

68.8%, that's less than Focus Miss and Focus Miss misses all the time. I won't deny that Scizor is amazingly strong ; however a new question arises : Why stay in w/ Kyurem-B against Scizor.

Edited by MiNDBREAKz

You'd have to if you locked yourself into outrage. Which is its only real physical option.

And I was going off of 0hp/0def

Fusion Bolt and Stone Edge says hi. And 0/0 Kyurem-B? Kyurem-B's best set is 252hp/252Att/4SpA with Fusion Bolt/Stone Edge/Ice Beam/Outrage and any player with a brain wouldn't lock into outrage knowing that a steel/fairy is still around.

It's pretty good that his movepool is shallow(physical) else he wouldn't be in OU :D

Do you use it because I never tried it and how is it?

Renjenku seeing I can't play much I can give you my pokes for now,maybe I'll come back breeding more,for now I'll test stuff on showdown.

(Azumarill too stronk)

Lol Aegislash is all I wanted (thanks again), I think I have the rest of what I wanted to try to build a somewhat decent first team.

So you doing that legendary Huge Power Azumarill? lol 

It's pretty good that his movepool is shallow(physical) else he wouldn't be in OU :D

Do you use it because I never tried it and how is it?

I use him in Ubers and I do well with him. With him along w/ MEGar, it gives whatever sweeper I'm using an easier time sweeping. When I use him in OU, I usually destroy my opponent's core.

simpler times, banded/scarved outrage running rampant. anyhow, mindbreakz, I was wondering if you run knock off on your mandibuzz? I'm triyng to decide between bold and impish natures

edit: you know what? why not have both? impish with knockoff, bold without. I have two baby vullaby with knock off and foul play ready to be IV bred, one bold one impish. probably should breed another azumarill. I got one with 5 max, and decided to go for the CB build, but all the ones I bred have aqua jet, belly drum, and superpower as egg moves, so may as well have one set up as a belly drummer too

Edited by Wallace24

simpler times, banded/scarved outrage running rampant. anyhow, mindbreakz, I was wondering if you run knock off on your mandibuzz? I'm triyng to decide between bold and impish natures

edit: you know what? why not have both? impish with knockoff, bold without. I have two baby vullaby with knock off and foul play ready to be IV bred, one bold one impish. probably should breed another azumarill. I got one with 5 max, and decided to go for the CB build, but all the ones I bred have aqua jet, belly drum, and superpower as egg moves, so may as well have one set up as a belly drummer too

Knock Off on Mandibuzz is a must. Impish is preferred but it doesn't really matter. 

When PokeBank finally arrives.

llz_by_linktheshadow-d6zymka.gif

Edited by MiNDBREAKz

Woot, getting the hang of cloning pk xD. Anyone wanna trade later a shiny jap 6iv ditto for any trash pokemon with any of these items: choice band, choice spec, life orb, air balloon, red card(to lazy to get any of these items xD).

Edited by solarboyluis

Woot, getting the hang of cloning pk xD. Anyone wanna trade later a shiny jap 6iv ditto for any trash pokemon with any of these items: choice band, choice spec, life orb, air balloon, red card(to lazy to get any of these items xD).

I want one :D