Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pokemon X / Y Friend Code / Discussion Thread

Azure_Kytia

ive been trying it out but 90% of the time nothing is biting.. or doesnt that matter?  Aside from that i occasionaly get a bite.. wich lasts 1 second. i think i need to have my finger over the A button all the time

having a pokemon with suction cups ability on the lead will increase your chances of getting a bite.

on topic  Cetamana: John : 1950-7475-9483 : electric field (not sure how to check what pokemon I give lol)

ive been trying it out but 90% of the time nothing is biting.. or doesnt that matter?  Aside from that i occasionaly get a bite.. wich lasts 1 second. i think i need to have my finger over the A button all the time

as others have said, suction cups is great (so get a lileep, cradily, or octillery. I think those are the only ones who get it, but correct me if I'm wrong). also, as some fishing dude said, it also helps if the spot you're fishing at is against a wall. for whatever reason. so the ideal setup is |you|one tile to fish|wall|. I had a chain of 50+ going, and I got bored, so I went to do other things. plus I already caught that dragalge (around 20, but I was greedy, so I kept it rolling)

I also added both Cetamana and PantsAdvance

Did rating battles... Damn them Greninjas with Protean o.o I need to get one hehehe and Adding Pants and Ceta.

Oh by the way Suction Cups? Ill give that a shot. does the pokemon need to be fainted or not? Like with the trick to get an increased chance of a pokemon carrying items

Edit 2:  Suction cupts method Niice! got me my Dragonair quickly.  Now to see if ican get some Shinies.

Edited by Marabunta5

I started Breeding Squirtles I have about 25 males 4 females If you want one and see me online just start a trade and I will put one up for you give me an egg of anything or a quick caught random idk I don't want them taking over my boxes like the croagunk did lol I ended up haven like 280 croagunk released a huge batch of them to clean up the boxes lol

heheh I just noticed I am up as a normal trainer I don't mind I liked loudred, ursaring, zangoose

Truthfully I use mostly fight types in battle but due to the new fairy type and the third supereffective against them I had to switch my party all up

Edited by PrismBlack

Did rating battles... Damn them Greninjas with Protean o.o I need to get one hehehe and Adding Pants and Ceta.

Oh by the way Suction Cups? Ill give that a shot. does the pokemon need to be fainted or not? Like with the trick to get an increased chance of a pokemon carrying items

Edit 2:  Suction cupts method Niice! got me my Dragonair quickly.  Now to see if ican get some Shinies.

--- I have a Froakie with protean that I will be breeding soon. Just as a heads up, females have a 60% chance of passing on a hidden ability if they have that ability and that is the only way to breed a hidden ability.

--- And a fishing streak works by either catching or fainting the encountered pokemon. The streak is broken if you:

- leave the battle

- open a menu other than the quick select menu

- reel in too slow and miss the catch

- move from your starting fishing spot even to re-position

- have nothing bite when you cast (fix this by using a pokemon with the suction cups ability to increase encounter rate)

The fishing streak method vastly improves shiny encounter rates, averaging about a 1/40 chance of encounter.

--- I have a Froakie with protean that I will be breeding soon. Just as a heads up, females have a 60% chance of passing on a hidden ability if they have that ability and that is the only way to breed a hidden ability.

--- And a fishing streak works by either catching or fainting the encountered pokemon. The streak is broken if you:

- leave the battle

- open a menu other than the quick select menu

- reel in too slow and miss the catch

- move from your starting fishing spot even to re-position

- have nothing bite when you cast (fix this by using a pokemon with the suction cups ability to increase encounter rate)

The fishing streak method vastly improves shiny encounter rates, averaging about a 1/40 chance of encounter.

Alright.  Protean Froakies sound cool. im going to have to invest more in breeding.     And okay i gave it a shot and it works. :3

I like showdown, but it's full of people that do nothing but spam the same moves over and over. 

Ranking matches are the same. Ive been in there. Double batlles. 2 Turns i lost. Guy kept spamming Icebeam and something else. forgot what.  Seems they like to use Greninja in there. Alot. cant they just use the team they like instead of whats best? Ive been playing with Dragon Pokemon often and i did alot of battles with em it may turn out tough but thats the fun! an easy win isnt fun...

This is what I've been running for Gen 6 Showdown, it seems to work pretty well

=== [generation55] Untitled 5 ===

Noivern (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 104 HP / 168 Atk / 80 Def / 124 SAtk / 32 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Flamethrower

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Funniest moment on Showdown (before it went down): someone questioned my choice of Klefki. His Aegislash started to sweep my team. Sent out Choice Scarf Imposter Ditto after he used Sword Dance ~4 times (it also gets those boosts), he got priority and killed it. Sent out Klefki. OHKO his sweeper. Made my day seeing his reaction. :P

Also, congrats Azure! I need to do some evolutions, then I should have one or two done myself. 

Edited by Colorswirl

Actually they changed the breeding mechanics in X&Y such that a male with the hidden ability can pass it on to the offspring, but I believe it will only work if you breed the male with the ditto. This is probably the only way people are breeding speed boost torchics, because let's be honest, the chance of getting a female torchic from the event would be way too low.

besides that, I also bred protean onto a few froakie using my male frogadier and a ditto. I bred the male one with a female frogadier to start, but I got 20 or so froakies with torrent, so I assume this is because of the female frogadier. I bred the male with a ditto and got 4 protean froakies (all male, unfortunately) out of 12 or so eggs. I haven't done extensive testing on this new mechanic, but the chances of getting a hidden ability using a female are about 60%. from a male, its significantly lower, but still possible

Time to get the breeding going! Not sure what Kind of Pokemon would be a good one to breed.  i can breed all starters aside from the Kanto ones. ( ive only got my Charizard and evolved version of Squirtle.  i still cant get the name right so i aint bothereing and its not Blastoise. ) But getting their Hidden abilities will be a while i think

yeah, good luck with the breeding, I'm still trying to put together a team for the battle competition with just kalos pokemon. unfortunately I don't have any of the kanto starters with their dream world abilities, since none are in my friend safaris, and I haven't been breeding them, otherwise I'd get you a bulbasaur too. but I did manage to trade for all the kanto starters, at least. I think I may have gotten a few in wonder trades, too.

But I have been breeding some honedge if anyone wants some of those. they're quiet nature, though (+sp atk, -speed), fair warning

Man those Noibats can be annoying to find lol last two nights I have been trying to find a female to catch it with a premier ball, last two nights I have only found one male

I think Last night or the night before meh I caught the first Legendary pokemon I assume there is three sub types for this game no different then all the games - also I found Moltres flying around he runs very quickly lol getting him is going to be a pain imo getting the roamers are always a pain lol

yeah, there are three main legendaries in this game. but don't worry about moltres, you'll run into one of the legendary birds roaming around several times, but then it'll show up in the sea spirit's den, which is in route 12, I believe (its an island to the north of the route). so unlike previous games, you don't have to actually run around chasing it, and you can't even battle it in this one, it just flees immediately. after sitting there staring at you for a bit, of course. just long enough to make you think you might actually fight it. damn it articuno