Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Needs Some Love

Zuhan

I feel the Dojo is in need of some REAL love. I'm talking a rework for the decoration system and how we build rooms. Let me break it down a bit.

Reworking the decoration placement system: Too many times am I getting frustrated with decorating my dojo, namely because of the constrained movement system. I LOVE the system, its a complete change from what it was before, but why won't my decoration go into another decoration, a wall, the ceiling or the floor? It just stops flat, I've switched to free placement and turned off billboard facing and it still won't merge into other decorations. I believe if this were to change we would see some new decorations be built.

Select/Cut/Copy/Paste: Allow us to select multiple decorations so we can move them all at once. I'm sure some of us have made something only to find out that we had it in an awkward spot or something and we either had to deal with the fact that it's now there, move every piece and TRY to get the same thing we built originally, or give up and delete it. The Cut/Copy/Paste are self explanatory.

As for the room placement system. Going to a dead end hall way is nice and all but it can be more streamlined and easy to build, destroy, or MOVE rooms. I'm sure many Dojos would like to rearrange their rooms and not have to wait for all of the rooms to be destroyed JUST to rearrange rooms. I thought an intractable decoration or a room (Named The Cartographer for either) could help with this. When you interact with it it'll open a full map of your Dojo (Kinda like the POE or OV maps). This map of your Dojo will allow you to select existing rooms and give you the option to destroy or move them, and in rooms with halls that can be built upon it'll have an icon that you click on that'll open the room menu so you can choose what you want to build. If there is insufficient space it should tell you where and what it is being blocked by (maybe pulsate the room that's blocking it). That map will give you an option to choose what floor you want to look at so you can change between them. I did a quick rough of this below.

Thoughts and maybe some additions? I hope DE does something like this. Dojos are in need of love.

SUSnHol.png

UKrFdkJ.png

Archived