Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Lich Arc Mine duration bugged by Limbo's Rift / Cataclysm, and pierce the Rift

(PSN)Maunstre

Under normal circumstances, an electric Kuva Lich's Arc Mines have a duration of approximately 7 seconds - the model of the mine and the sparking VFX both vanish at the end of the ability's duration. Additionally, if playing Limbo and the player steps into the Rift plane, the Arc Mines do not arc to the player and do not pierce the Rift.

However, when cast by the Lich while inside Cataclysm or the Lich has been Banished to the Rift, the Arc Mines remain active for a prolonged duration and are able to pierce the Rift. The model of the Mines still disappear after 7 seconds, but the sparking VFX remains and with it the capacity to do damage. Further, if the Cataclysm is collapsed or the Mines cast while the Lich is Banished, the Mines will sit in an "in-between" plane state where they will arc and deal damage to the player regardless of whether that player is in the Rift or not.

Personally I've seen these Arc Mines last for a solid 20+ seconds under these conditions and the bug is easy (too easy) to replicate. I don't know if the Arc Mine ability needs to be cast while the Lich is in the Cataclysm specifically or just Banished for this to happen; it could very well be both.

Archived