Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breakable walls for void and other planets, THIC

SnakeBadger

GOAL:

Players & monsters use weapons and their bodies in brute ways to crash through walls, making old levels feel advanced and interesting,

this can be good for loot and new mechanics, the use of grenades, and ships turrets, which go on ignored, not only that but water damage, and other types of status which are not in the game but could be added in interesting ways, to make the boring levels feel less repetitive and threadful or scarier, through  brute force,

*debris, dust and stalagmite in caves with the quakes and spilling fire or recoil of bullets sure, falling ice, snow which slows down footsteps, sure, but what about collectables for crafting and trading, fragments or energy can be used on the spot by enemies and players who are in the crossfire, via tools and abilities, while slidding or crouching advanced players would see more interesting uses, but we need some basic things to make reloading and each planet nodes more interesting,  players can scan and parazon to adhere/symbiosis trick to copy or terraform some temporary game passive ammo, defensive, or synthesis energy can open up some chakras and music/sound changes the typical lato into a cannon or gatling gun from the attachments, zoom changes, and chanelling to be influenced by the areas the players visits, maybe archwing can have some aerial temperature or termostic barriers, the cooldown is annoying so there can be other excuses and ways for enemies to use more aerial defenses or magic,

*player in the void facing magic ancestor puts up a wall of magic, players destroy the source or wall and gather fibers and monofilaments, and pools aid other enemies go berserk, 

another scenario* doors wont open up easily but must be shoot at or take damage and will partially open, machineguns and other distractions should slowdown players, electrical damage, energy drain from the AOE plasm and alarms set up the music and ambiance, if players are constantly shooting then there can be a surplus of light changes which make up the destruction and toggle flickering lights and explosions which could have the ship levels go into a yellow or natural lighting to give the enemies a chance, they can have infrared or nightgoogles which glow green, most levels in warframe are about full lighting and shooting with bad reloading so players complain because they just rush to extraction, the doors and walls breaking can control the amount of light and enemies in one room as well as how fast the players make it to the next set of issues or treasure. 

, plaster and small items such as water, fuel, energy from destructible, enemies also use brute force on walls and other object instead of swinging at players and can be rather scary,

debris should deal damage like an explosion or explosive C4 or magic which the ancient or syndicate call up, broken war frame or black-market versions of good blueprints on enemy hands, not only that, this gives me an idea for shotgun enemies and infested to smash against metallic doors which are normally locked or red, anything can appear such as hordes, or treasure chests, making sure things are good. there can be some doors which have liquid traps, or nitrogen and players have to shoot at or destroy, not just using parazon, shooting will do a good job on the machines, while robots try to repair and electrocute things, they can deploy more bees or flying types to amalgam or lacht to doorways and gates.

In resident evil, the larger enemies broke through the plaster of the old houses, but there were also some dogs which broke through the windows and made a lot of glass on the PS1, if that mechanic is remade the glass could be shoot at with guns and/or reinforced with magic or grineer technology, and players could use their abilities and melee against them, earning them or constructing their uses would be great, few mechanics could be great to give enemies glass shields, or for gara neuroptic's with the glass maker there wasn't alot of updates for her or rework, so i think its fair to see some of the glass and explosions used elsewhere or deflected by warframes, or operator attacks,, or another swat style attachment for the robots, or warframe, for both players and monsters

so what all the planets have water dripping in, should be pushing players around or slowing them down, the dirt and sand, or grass should in effect have small regeneration or burning patches which make sense,  they can crush through walls with melee and while sprinting, the best test is to make a few simulacrum and mastery,

levels where we can test some surface changes which create resistance  

I could see destructable, although limited terrain existing in Warframe in certain spots or areas. But I'm curious as to how you'd go about doing that so it doesn't become boring after the first several times. Currently it does kinda exist in Warframe through the usage of exploding barrels but that is mostly used to gain access to hidden areas.

I don't think Warframe would be able to handle something on the scale of Red Faction, and by making it limited and scripted it can quickly become boring and lack any interest after a while.

2 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I could see destructable, although limited terrain existing in Warframe in certain spots or areas. But I'm curious as to how you'd go about doing that so it doesn't become boring after the first several times. Currently it does kinda exist in Warframe through the usage of exploding barrels but that is mostly used to gain access to hidden areas.

I don't think Warframe would be able to handle something on the scale of Red Faction, and by making it limited and scripted it can quickly become boring and lack any interest after a while.

yeah

Fortnight uses building, but warframe has plenty of planets and enemy types who can use magic or tools to seal up doors or make breakables interesting, so am sure we can make those forest and void levels have interesting stuff which wont get boring quickly, overall i just thought there could be more destructible and trashy collectibles and purpose to scanning during the mission, and for combat.

but the debris and snow right now doesnt slow players down, so the only thing which creates any barricades is the locked doors and parazon/hacking so the tilesets in those levels need to have other reinforcing enemies and variables, or the whole concept is over in one extraction, especially lockers and defeating enemies, if they dont have temporary or special bullets like those nintendo pilot games which give players laser beams and double shoots for a few seconds, since not everyone knows how to even fire a projectile or use energy abilities as soon as u hand someone a controller they just look at the floor or waste a whole clip, or just start using the melee button and say am bored, ever tried getting ur girlfriend or a visitor to play warframe, they just quit in like 5 seconds, they not even excited about ur kuva weapons or anything, its horrible.

Creatures also breaking the electronics and doorways, well u see the levels of infested but there are too many functional doors, and glass which is reinforced to a unbreakable degree, so players just go through doorways or open pathways through most of the game, so there has to be other distractions or the players will just invest in leaving the stage and doing no exploration since they already know most of the obvious "secret areas" and there is no new monsters or quality which defers them.

so allowing some burdens and trials will be great for some planets like the derilects and the void because they are a tad dark and have too many "holes" the enemies are also small and can be outran in most cases so using breakables and walls makes sense of things, teleportation for enemies in some generator rooms, and heavy machinist should guard elevators and dogs patrolling as well until further robotics and magic is developed which makes more interesting uses of watervalves, telekinesis and operator modes for optional mechanics and parazon, or robotics, mods purpose given to the loot and pickups also will be important.

• Lighting & breakables like equinox there should be some lightbulbs and triggers which influence how the stages and robots, machines and grinner react, further more the players passive and operators, or abilities of the warframes, and energy/or pickups should react to the environments, tilesets and planets.
  • so thats why i said if you have time to take care of the smaller objects in each stage, they can react or trigger some interesting distractiosn to use in strategy or like how limbo does, the void is filled with many extraordinary objects on walls and trees which dont react to bullets or have changes.
  • overall the stalker changes teh lighting and environment by brute force, but players get bored because he has boring loot after the first few tries, this category should include various augments and pet items, mods, eggs, and planet based items as well an update which gives the stalker some other weapons or range improvements, eventually there could be a chick or he could have a dog or some bodyguard, because rightnow 4 people can kill it easily, 
  • but yea the stalker infuences the environments the most as much as a single player game but its effects are lost after he appears and is killed instantly,'
  • ' so there can be at least more chances that he appears in replayable missions and those story/replay/and the steel-path with NEW LOOT and things to say, maybe eventuall the syndicates and other NPC could join in, interesting ways.
  • my girlfriend doesnt like warframe or giving ideas..

Okay, so after talking to her briefly i understood that she could be one enemy who instantly uh destroy or steal things in the game like a turtle or something which has the same flickering like the stalker or makes fun of players while they are reloading, like the joker

• Okay, so after much thinking, there should be some improvements.
  • Cannisters wihch explode whould deal damage and affect recoild temporarily, as well as other debris and cannisters, and breakables, enemmies downed should also carry some weight and energy pellets too.
  • but there should be some more uses for the moisture and minning areas "environments" as much as there is fresh air and helium or explosives and poison, which enhances or can destroy a warframe, but at lest i like the void to get some thicker atmospheres, or more interesting robots like the newer tileset for the corpus gets a giant robot, much of the void is just dodging lasers and being outnumbered its not boring but its rather monotone compared to having brekable glass flying everywhere like the action movies,
  • much of the simaris game modes, and simulacrum show of the limitations the fastest to improve, so we should start by improving those modes and their replayability, not just the rewards, maybe new enemies and what the pickups and environments do for weapons and for the enemies, then we can further the orbiter and have some loot and ordis upgrades,
  • cetus, fortuna can figure out what to do with archwing and kitguns for those larger ships and the skateboards, beast should run around the city, and other improved features to make sitting around more interesting in cities,
  • i really just wish there was a blacksmith and other incentives for bounties this way the players can play test ZAWs or want to replay nodes, 
  • the steel path is not very rewarding so far, it is hard, but not really paying enough to ignore real-life or watever maybe it should have a few new 
    NPC or enemy types to go along to keep things unpredictable.

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

yeah i been thinking there should be more dirt and dust accumulating in the maps and the smoldering smog from cross fire which has zero downtime for players just drying out their pistols and occasionaly whippin gout with their secondaries i hate tha tdelay on weapon's switch because theres no enforcing law or module which incorporates any hipfire or reload feature, a few guns do have it, but god knows we could make something of the tap water and rain in those terrains, not just in pickups and minning, but while fishing and going over the bounties and dead bodies there could be some quick reason to crouch to reload form a special reload manouver which uses energy or sets up a aerial burst in some weapons, this change will probably come first in the warframe ability changes when those aerial abilities get a rework, then the terrains will also be affected in various PVE/EVP ways so that the pickups can be used on both ends or tilesets benefit briefly i can see that the orbs sitting around make their way towards a tree or a crystal, unless a fast enemy collects it for casting magic or something technological, i hope parazon can use the energy for a quick blast or tenno skill, but right now i only see that the collectibles and drops merge with the environments, and at times with the clusters and other drops, but also enhance reload and weapons which are full already.

Archived