Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Extension API

NicksWorld

Developers and users should be able to generate API keys allowing them to fetch their own loadout information.

Here are some examples of what the API currently returns:

• Username
  • Mastery Rank
  • Glyph
  • Loadout (Item name, build, colors, cosmetics/skins, xp earned, forma count)
  • Active Focus School

Here are some examples of how the API could be used to improve user-experience:

• Many websites exist for sharing warframe builds outside of warframe (like overframe.gg), but all of them require that the information is entered manually. With the loadout data, websites could automatically fill in builds decreasing the time required.
  • Fashion often is shared as a collection of screenshots of the attachments, colors, syandana, etc. Fetching loadout data could allow a program to compile the colors and cosmetics into an easily-sharable format.

Why this is currently not possible:
The getActiveLoadout API currently depends on a twitch-supplied extension JWT (A password of sorts confined to the twitch extension) which changes often, locking developers out of using the API in their projects.

How this could be changed to allow for developer usage:

• Allowing users to generate a personal API token can allow for personal projects to parse their loadout information and do whatever they wish with such data.
  • Creating an OAuth2 authentication system for generating a token would allow for websites to request a token from the user which could read only the user's data.
  • Any other method which allows individuals and websites to fetch the information.

Since the base API is already good enough for use (I have created a parser script), simply allowing community developers to fetch the information would help with the user-experience on some projects. I am aware that the API (and extension) are currently unreleased for some platforms, but I think many developers would appreciate such a system being integrated by the final release.

Archived