Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Variety In Opening/closing Cutscenes?

DarknightK

This is mainly for the closing cutscenes (outros) than the openings (intros),

With the incoming revamp to Sabotage, with the ship/station going all kablooey and whatnot, how about giving a zoomed out shot of the player's ship leaving the enemy vessel/outpost as it implodes?

Eventually, I'd hope there would be a variety of these different intros and outros dependent on mission type and tileset, which as now, can be skipped through the slap of a spacebar.

Another addition would be more unique cutscenes for bosses, with each having some sort of cinematic camera scene going on. Likewise, eventually each boss would/should have their own boss room (J-2000 is a great example of this).

Lastly, I propose a change to the way progression is shown.

Traditionally it has been shown at the end of every mission, with the ability to skip it if one is playing solo mode.

A workaround that would allow longer and more varied intros and outros would be to simply integrate it with the rewards screen once back inside the lobby, eliminating the need for waiting, and allowing players to skip past the ending cutscene if they so wish.

Waddya think? ;D

This is mainly for the closing cutscenes (outros) than the openings (intros),

With the incoming revamp to Sabotage, with the ship/station going all kablooey and whatnot, how about giving a zoomed out shot of the player's ship leaving the enemy vessel/outpost as it implodes?

Eventually, I'd hope there would be a variety of these different intros and outros dependent on mission type and tileset, which as now, can be skipped through the slap of a spacebar.

Another addition would be more unique cutscenes for bosses, with each having some sort of cinematic camera scene going on. Likewise, eventually each boss would/should have their own boss room (J-2000 is a great example of this).

Lastly, I propose a change to the way progression is shown.

Traditionally it has been shown at the end of every mission, with the ability to skip it if one is playing solo mode.

A workaround that would allow longer and more varied intros and outros would be to simply integrate it with the rewards screen once back inside the lobby, eliminating the need for waiting, and allowing players to skip past the ending cutscene if they so wish.

Waddya think? ;D

This