Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inconsistencies with Alad V's timeline and planet placement.

SpookyShiNoO

Dear DE,

During my time playing Warframe I have noticed that Alad V's timeline does not currently match up with the order you give the player quests that relate to him.

As it currently stands when you fight Alad V on Jupiter as a corpus unit, then he turns up as an 'ally' during the events of the Quest: The Second Dream where he has the cure scars on his face after the events of  Operation: Tubemen of Regor. Then when you open the Eris Junction the player revives the Patient Zero quest where we meet and fight Mutalist Alad V
This causes issues with players that can be confusing to both new and old players asking about why are we fighting Alad V again after he helped us and why is he infested? 

In my opinion to fix this issue Eris should be moved to come before Uranus and a requirement for the Uranus Junction should be complete the Patient Zero quest, or change Alad V in The Second Dream to be Pre-Mutalist Alad V.

This is a re-post of a post I made 3 years ago, feels bad none of this has been addressed.

Perhaps the signs of former infestation are no longer to be considered former, perhaps they are the beginnings of his infestation and the cure never worked.  If I remember correctly there was one console, either Xbox or PS4, that sided with Nef Anyo in that event so he never got the cure.  Personally I never saw any evidence that there even was a cure let alone evidence Alad was not too far gone for it to work.  I also saw no reason why we should trust his word when he's betrayed everyone he's ever allied with and felt the concept of curing the Infestation was a bad move lore-wise as it cheapens the entire faction.  My understanding is that events and quests are not given to us in chronological order (the fact we got anything before Vor's Prize is evidence of release order not being chronological order) so the events of Patient Zero are to be taken as the latest state for Alad V.

12 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Perhaps the signs of former infestation are no longer to be considered former, perhaps they are the beginnings of his infestation and the cure never worked.  If I remember correctly there was one console, either Xbox or PS4, that sided with Nef Anyo in that event so he never got the cure.  Personally I never saw any evidence that there even was a cure let alone evidence Alad was not too far gone for it to work.  I also saw no reason why we should trust his word when he's betrayed everyone he's ever allied with and felt the concept of curing the Infestation was a bad move lore-wise as it cheapens the entire faction.  My understanding is that events and quests are not given to us in chronological order (the fact we got anything before Vor's Prize is evidence of release order not being chronological order) so the events of Patient Zero are to be taken as the latest state for Alad V.

I agree with all that you say, however with that in mind the Alad V we see in The Second Dream uses the wrong model, as we talk to the Cured version of Alad V before we fight Mutalist Alad V

All I hope from this post is that DE sees it, recognises their error and patches Alad V so the game uses his correct models in the right places.

3 minutes ago, SpookyShiNoO said:

I agree with all that you say, however with that in mind the Alad V we see in The Second Dream uses the wrong model, as we talk to the Cured version of Alad V before we fight Mutalist Alad V

Part of what I was saying was that what you consider cured-but-scarred is actually him showing early symptoms.  There was no cure, there is no cured Alad V, there is the standard one on Jupiter, then him starting to show signs as we move from Uranus to Neptune (Second Dream) and then him full-blown infested when we reach Eris (Patient Zero) and that's where the story currently leaves him.

Archived