The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ignis, Or, The Pepper Spray

lautalocos

the effect of the ignis when firing should take the momentum of your warframe, because right now, if you move towards where you are using it, the fire effect goes trough you.

just grab your ignis, walk while you use it, and see how the fire is actually going trough you. it looks really bad, and it´s actually making me consider selling it because of how bad it looks

What you're suggesting is to make it a flame stick. Real flamethrowers would engulf you if you ran towards the same direction you were blowing it.

We're space ninja's with powers to melt everything, make everything explode, crush everything's bones, raise the spirits of your enemies, not get killed instantly by a ship losing all life support, make bullets attract to a target, blind everything with a staff, slow things down by stomping, conjure up giant invincible snowglobes that suppress enemy fire from the outside, set everything ablaze, go invisible, teleport, mind control, survive multiple bullets, cause mass hysteria, make everyone invulnerable, punch souls, revive after death, kill with wubz, and turn other ammo into ammo you need.

Realism has been tossed out the door my friend.

+1 for flame sticks!

We're space ninja's with powers to melt everything, make everything explode, crush everything's bones, raise the spirits of your enemies, not get killed instantly by a ship losing all life support, make bullets attract to a target, blind everything with a staff, slow things down by stomping, conjure up giant invincible snowglobes that suppress enemy fire from the outside, set everything ablaze, go invisible, teleport, mind control, survive multiple bullets, cause mass hysteria, make everyone invulnerable, punch souls, revive after death, kill with wubz, and turn other ammo into ammo you need.

+1 for flame sticks!

This needs more likes.

What you're suggesting is to make it a flame stick. Real flamethrowers would engulf you if you ran towards the same direction you were blowing it.

did you ever saw a real flamethrower?

they have a long range (not very long, but still way longer than the ignis). they look a lot like "flame sticks"

+1 for flame sticks!

fc,550x550,royal_blue.u1.jpg

I want to see you run forward with this coming out of the flamethrower

2563791154_71209276e8.jpg

It doesn't matter if it's a flamestick or not you are going to get caught in the fire.

look, we left logic behind us when....well, since the game was created. why make something look bad when it could look better. plus, if the fire is not going to damage us, then they may as well make it look better

Unless you have experienced how running with a real flamethrower works or at least have video evidence don't assume anything. Seriously. I don't know if you would catch up with it or not. And I'm fairly certain you don't either

No. Flamethrowers were supposed to be employed while stationary for a reason. Let's not exploit the fact that there is no FF just to make total BS stuff.

Why do we still need air, are affected by gravity and are we stuck with semi-realistic guns then? They added some EXCEPTIONS, but most stuff is relatively realistic, for fiction anyway.

Seriously if realism was really tossed out of the door I want to fly through walls casting green Disintegrate beams from my fingers to kill flying disembodied heads with eye-tentacles instead of hairs, with while not affected by atmosphere or lack thereof. In Warframe we are doing lame backflips and using lame rocket launchers to kill lame walking mobs with rifles.
Edited by bobafetthotmail

No. Flamethrowers were supposed to be employed while stationary for a reason. Let's not exploit the fact that there is no FF just to make total BS stuff.

Why do we still need air, are affected by gravity and are we stuck with semi-realistic guns then? They added some EXCEPTIONS, but most stuff is relatively realistic, for fiction anyway.

Seriously if realism was really tossed out of the door I want to fly through walls casting green Disintegrate beams from my fingers to kill flying disembodied heads with eye-tentacles instead of hairs, with while not affected by atmosphere or lack thereof. In Warframe we are doing lame backflips and using lame rocket launchers to kill lame walking mobs with rifles.

are affected by gravity and we still need air?

this reminded me, when you break a window you lose health because of the lack of oxygfen, but that gravity, oh boy, that thing never wants to go!

Atmosphere =/= gravity

In our case, there is some kind of BS magical gravity generator somewhere, everywhere, even on planets (to keep gravity ALWAYS exactly the same apart on Nightmare missions).

Even if it was actually realistic and using a centrifuge or spinning end over end, atmosphere presence or lack would not affect this centrifugal gravity.

Atmosphere =/= gravity

In our case, there is some kind of BS magical gravity generator somewhere, everywhere, even on planets (to keep gravity ALWAYS exactly the same apart on Nightmare missions).

Even if it was actually realistic and using a centrifuge or spinning end over end, atmosphere presence or lack would not affect this centrifugal gravity.

BS magical gravity generator.

completely made up, never seen in the game, so, it has no logic whasoever, but, it helps us so it doesn´t matter. same as "flamesticks".

look, it´s not like the flame using your momentum doesn´t have a lot of logic. it just a little deatil to make the game look better. and the biggest problem is when the enemy is damage my by the flame, but the flame doesn´t even touch it, but the flame touches us but we are not damaged.

BS magical gravity generator.

completely made up, never seen in the game, so, it has no logic whasoever, but, it helps us so it doesn´t matter. same as "flamesticks".

Disintegrate green beams from fingers and the ability to fly through walls helps us too. Stop this broken logic please.

The BS magical gravity generator is a staple of fiction, flamesticks are not.

Disintegrate green beams from fingers and the ability to fly through walls helps us too. Stop this broken logic please.

The BS magical gravity generator is a staple of fiction, flamesticks are not.

but lasers, anti-matter, reviving the dead (!!!), punching SOULS (!!!!!!!!) has complete logic. really, the description of soul punch clearly says that it pucnhes the soul out of enemies. flamesticks make a LOT more of sense than that.

but lasers, anti-matter, reviving the dead (!!!), punching SOULS (!!!!!!!!) has complete logic. really, the description of soul punch clearly says that it pucnhes the soul out of enemies. flamesticks make a LOT more of sense than that.

What you fail to understand is that the problem here is mainly of feel.

Feel is everything in fiction, because here the only law is the rule of cool (and that what you do must be easily understood by the audience, why there are very little space-based games with true newtonian mechanics and actual freefall).

Ignis is supposed to be a flamethrower-like weapon. Flamethrowers act like that. "lasers", "plasma" and "antimatter" act like they are "supposed" to in average fiction (actually the Flux Rifle is amazingly realistic as far as lasers go, and I FUKCING LOVE IT for that). Making Ignis different would not be a flamethrower, thus ruining the feel.

If you want a flame stick, get a Flux Rifle, or a Synapse. Turning the Ignis in a Flux Rifle 2.0 would be devaluating the Flux Rifle even more (Symapse will still laugh at it).

Because technically both guns (and the pistol thing, and even Synapse) are the same game-mechanics-wise, just with different "bullet travel time", "bullet" FX (the flames), "bullet" size and damage.

So yeah, I think that they did it intentionally, and that they won't really feel like changing it.

What you fail to understand is that the problem here is mainly of feel.

Feel is everything in fiction, because here the only law is the rule of cool.

Ignis is supposed to be a flamethrower-like weapon. Flamethrowers act like that. "lasers" and "antimatter" act like they are "supposed" to in average fiction. Making something different would not be a flamethrower, thus ruining the feel.

If you want a flame stick, get a Flux Rifle, or a Synapse. Turning the Ignis in a Flux Rifle 2.0 would be devaluating the Flux Rifle even more (Symapse will still laugh at it).

Because technically both guns (and the pistol thing, and even Synapse) are the same game-mechanics-wise, just with different "bullet travel time", "bullet" FX (the flames), "bullet" size and damage.

look, when i said flamestick it what just about the looks, not like some kind of fiery flux rifle or anything like that. what i want is that the fire, takes a bit of your momentum.

why? because as i said, enemies take damage, EVEN when the fire doesn´t touch them. the fire stays in mid-air, which when you move forward, it amkes it seem not as if you had a flamethrower, but a pepper-spray, which looks VERY bad. it amkes it seem as if the warframe left a toxic trail behid him.

Flames have negligible mass (not the fuel spray, the flames). They do take your momentum but can't really use it to go anywhere (due to negligible mass).

While the Ignis isn't 100% realistic, it's at least on the same general line, within the limits of the game engine (continuous-fire weapons are complex to pull off right). Because it is trying to look like a flamethrower.

Sorry, flamethrowers aren't made to be used like a SMG while running forward or you would engulf yourself in flames (just like what happens when you run forward with Ignis). See below for usage tips.

Btw, I thought I'd share some usage tips, because Ignis is still awesome even if you can't use it like a rifle (the entire point of being a flamethrower, duh!). Since we are space ninjas, we can use flamethrowers better than puny humans even if the flamethrower is kinda realistic.

It's main strong point is that you don't really need to aim it that well, just spray. It's the acrobat's best friend. No other weapon can do that.

You can sprint and roast all enemies on your left/right (kiting?), run and casually roast stuff following you, do a very fast slide-roast attack to roast stuff to your right/left, jump/backflip/slide-in-the-air (especially with the Jump ability of Excalibro) and roast anything under you while you move, roast stuff behind any amount of cover as long as it's in range (a bit of an exploit though, but useful for Corpus mobs that glitch inside boxes and similar bugs).

With most other weapons doing this is uhhhhhh, not as effective, if doable at all.

The only thing that you can't do (without it looking like S#&$ and taking damage if the FF option was present and turne) is shooting forward while moving.

I mean this is nice, as this is a weapon that does have some quirks and does FEEL different from most other stuff in-game.

Btw, I thought I'd share some usage tips, because Ignis is still awesome even if you can't use it like a rifle (the entire point of being a flamethrower, duh!). Since we are space ninjas, we can use flamethrowers better than puny humans even if the flamethrower is kinda realistic.

It's main strong point is that you don't really need to aim it that well, just spray. It's the acrobat's best friend. No other weapon can do that.

You can sprint and roast all enemies on your left/right (kiting?), run and casually roast stuff following you, do a very fast slide-roast attack to roast stuff to your right/left, jump/backflip/slide-in-the-air (especially with the Jump ability of Excalibro) and roast anything under you while you move, roast stuff behind any amount of cover as long as it's in range (a bit of an exploit though, but useful for Corpus mobs that glitch inside boxes and similar bugs).

With most other weapons doing this is uhhhhhh, not as effective, if doable at all.

The only thing that you can't do (without it looking like S#&$ and taking damage if the FF option was present and turne) is shooting forward while moving.

I mean this is nice, as this is a weapon that does have some quirks and does FEEL different from most other stuff in-game.

i don´t really feel the same. when i use it, it doesn{t feel like a flamethrower at all.

i just can´t point out exactly what makes it feel so bad, at least for me.

it´s not the recoil, because i can use the dera wothout problem.

maybe it´s the sound and the looks. im not sure

well, at least other people like it.

i don´t really feel the same. when i use it, it doesn{t feel like a flamethrower at all.

i just can´t point out exactly what makes it feel so bad, at least for me.

The only gripe I have with it is that it does not have the Napalm's ability of leaving a blob of short-lived static flame on the ground where I shoot it. Serious flamethrowers do. Also Utility FTW.

It's more realistic as far as ammo consumption goes though (serious flamethrowers have 20 seconds of "shooting time" tops before they are empty, and as such only static or vehicle-mounted ones are really fun).

AND it keeps Scorches from becoming all-powerful &#!-busters.

I think you guys are taking how "flame" comes out of a weapon too seriously.

Just have a forcefield or something, preventing the backburning.

Sci-fi logic. \o/

Lame. Then it's just another rifle. I hate when people add magic to turn good concepts into copycats of the same old crap we have already.

look, we left logic behind us when....well, since the game was created. why make something look bad when it could look better. plus, if the fire is not going to damage us, then they may as well make it look better

I'm pretty sure that a realistic stream of fire would look better than a flame stick...