Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Concept, With Picture. (Anchor)

Zixeba

I would love to run around killing everything with a anchor.

The combat animations could be the same as scythes and they could also make smaller verisions as dual wield,

23s9aic.png

http://i43.tinypic.com/23s9aic.png

Pretty rough drawn, i'm not good at drawing with a mouse or Photoshop in general.

I suppose this would be Tenno weapon.

What do you think, does Warframe need some "Arr" in the game? 

I'm aware it doesn't fit much with Warframes theme, but there are allready weapons that doesn't fit ninjas in the game (Scythes, rocket launcher, 2 handed swords/axes) Just saying.

I just want more variation to the game, gotta take another step sooner or later.

I'm aware it doesn't fit much with Warframes theme, but there are allready weapons that doesn't fit ninjas in the game (Scythes, rocket launcher, 2 handed swords/axes) Just saying.

I just want more variation to the game, gotta take another step sooner or later.

Sure they don't fit with the generic ninja theme, but they DO fit into the unique universe that DE have created and that is what they have to try not to lose by adding in certain things. 

Ninjas used sickles, which are basically small scale scythes. Also, just because the game evolves around the ninja theme, it does not mean there are not samurai elements to it, thus why there are heavy weapons in the game.

It's not just that an anchor doesn't fit the Warframe theme. It just doesn't make much sense. Sure, they use rocket launchers and flamethrowers and other not-so-ninja weapons, but at least those make some sense, considering that the game takes place very far in the future, and the Tenno most likely needed to adapt and use new weapons if they wanted to stand a chance against the Corpus and Grineer. But an anchor? I see no practical reason to use one besides novelty.

But who knows, maybe DE will add the anchor as a weapon if/when the Grineer shipyards that were shown off in livestream 16 are added to the game. Just my 2¢.