Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semi-Auto Weapon Concept

DarbiusMaximus

Something that hits harder than a Latron but fires slower.... my god I think we have stumbled into the sniper rifle territory.

To use an example from Mass Effect 3, the M-96 Mattock vs. the M99-Saber: both are semi-auto assault rifles, but the former can achieve a high RoF with lower damage per shot, while the latter has a lower achievable RoFf with much more damage per shot (and a smaller clip to boot).

If the Latron were to get a boost in clip-size from 15 to 30-35, and a damage nerf from 40 to 20-30, then you could easily implement a heavy-hitting rifle (say about 60 damage?) with a small clip (10-15?) and a lowish RoF.

Let's leave Latron/Prime alone or buff Latron Prime damage to 50.

If there were a semi-automatic rifle with 60-70 damage, 10 round magazine and a rate of fire less than Latron(not by much, mind you), I'd be all over it. Let's make it Mastery Rank 4.

Every weapon class has a Mastery locked upgrade except the DMRs, both of them are Rank 0. I would love to see a direct and significant upgrade to my trusty Latron/Prime.

The time has come for the bolt-action rifle

High damage (Around 60-70)

Slower rate than the Latron but higher than a sniper (Around 3.0)

Clip of about 10

Fast reload (Around 1.5-2.0 seconds)

I don't think it falls into the bolt-action category. The fire rate is way too high and the magazine size is ridiculous. But, this sounds like a great semi-automatic rifle.

How about this for a bolt-action rifle?

Damage:   175 (hit scan)

Fire Rate:  1 (or slower)

Magazine:  4

Reload:     3.5

Your typical bolt-action rifle is going to be slower and have a lower magazine size. But, the damage.... Oh, the damage.