Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Variety

Deaths.Reap3r

Before you read this.

Yes I have done it.

I have done what most people have not dared do.

I have created... A 1 word title.

Anyway....

I have to say. The biggest reason I'm not playing warframe as much as I used to (burnout) is because of the amount of variety. Let me sit down and talk to you about this one thing called variety.

What is variety you ask? Well. It is the state of being varied. (Thanks for that great definition dictionary.com...)

Today I'm going to talk about 2 things. Peace. And Inner Peace. Love. And Inner Love. Hate. And Inner... OH GOD. Dont do it! Mission Variety, and Weapon Variety.

So I ask of you young gentlemen(p) or gentleman(s), to sit down and hear, HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY!

Shall I begin?

Mission Variety.

Before you even read this... I know what your probably thinking... yes yes, we need more missions. NO. Well yes we do need more missions, but NO. That's not what I'm talking about. If you go back to the great definition that dictionary.com gave us, and you begin to peel away its outer layer, and begin to look into its hidden secrets of definition, you will begin to understand. You will begin to understand that... Variety means that it needs to be varied. So how does this tie into the topic of Mission Variety you ask? Well... I propose this...

Pretend I'm a new player.

I go into Mercury. I play the first mission. (Sabotage).

I think oh man that was awesome as hell!

I play the next mission. (Capture)

And I think.. That was still really fun, but it looked the same. Oh well, its still really fun!

I play the 3rd mission. (Exterminate)

I think to myself, what a beautiful world. fun game this is! Although it does look the same...

I play the next mission. (Sabotage)

I think... That was cool! It looked a bit different, and I fought different enemy's. But.... wait wait wait wait. Didn't I play this already? Its still fun though!

And Now Im on the &#!-&#!-in a nation.

And I think. That was freaking intense! Awesome! Looks different too! That was great!

And Finally I play the last mission in Mercury. (Survival)

I say to my self. Oh man that was really really fun too! Pretty intense! This game is awesome.

If we look at the 3rd last mission, we see the problem. The player has played the same thing. Exact same thing.

I'll continue on my example...

I (The player) has just finished Mercury. It would really fun and intense.

The next planet I play before lots of different planets open up to me is Venus.

Venus is a corpus planet. Resulting in having a different tile-set.

I go on venus, I play the first 2 missions (sabotage and capture) and I immediately think to myself after completing both missions.
That was awesome! It looked different! And I was introduced to the corpus, and the infested again! I understand why it looks the same now in the other planet.

BUT. It was still pretty much the same exact thing I did in Mercury.. :(
This. This is the problem. It was the EXACT same mission.

And then the player is introduced to defense and thinks its fun and all, and clears a few more planets.

But the problem lies in the fact that the player (now Im referring to everyone) is playing the same EXACT mission.

The key word here if you failed to not see it is... EXACT.

In some planets, your playing the same mission maybe like 4 different times, probably more...

My proposal...

For the same missions ON THE PLANETS. Change the look of what your doing.

ex.

Sabotage.

Every sabotage mission is the same.

Change it in a way that it at least looks and fells just a tiny bit different.

I play mercury sabotage mission 1. Its the normal thing.

THEN. I play mercury sabotage mission 2.
This is where it changes. Instead of destroying the tube things.. You could change it into shooting like... babies no Im kidding but, your shooting some explosive tubes that are being manufactured. Its still sabotage, and to change it into that and stuff imo doesn't seem like it would be a lot of work (Idk Im just saying, maybe it is). And I know that you guys are changing sabotage into making it something like bring tube things to big circle spiny thing, and shoot big circle spiny thing, or something like that. So instead of tube thing drains your shield for carrying, in another sabotage mission, your carrying explosive tubes to plant in the ships core or something, and then you blow it up... Carrying those tubes will make your get hurt like hell every time it explodes while carrying it.

Something like that.

And for the ones like exterminate, survival, and defense, just keep them be, because that makes sense.

Well I hope that made sense...

Weapon Variety. (This ones like 69 times shorter than mission variety)

This is going to be a lot shorter than the mission variety one..

I will begin by saying this.

HOLY MOTHER OF ANAL S#&$ DE!

THANK YOU. YOU FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT! YOU DID IT!

The ballistica.

This. Make weapons more unique like this.

Remember those mother of god sexy &#! bows you showed us like 2 or 3 live streams ago? Make those bows all unique, and have a unique mechanic like the ballistica.

You did it right DE! Just keep making real, and unique weapons, and you will have over 9000million fans come back to play.

TL;DR

Peace. War.

Love. Hate

Earth. Wind.

I hope that helped.

Well. That was long...

If you got aids reading this... I'm sorry. 

It gave me cancer making it...

Also... DONT YOU FREAKING HATE. When you spend like 10 hours making a thread and it gets forgotten after like the first day?

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

I have to say something about the variety gun point.
Variety weapons : Not really,because most arent very good.
There are so much trash weapons in the game and some they are outshine.
Most times you see is Soma,Strun Wraith,Acrid,Despair,Ogris,Flux,Synapse,Galatine,Dual Ichor,Orthos Prime.

i dont talk about beginner weps like Braton,Lato,Skana.

Thats it.Its lame and boring.
Buff some of the weak weapons DE.Thank you.

Edited by K0bra

Don't you just hate when you make a post and work on it for like 1 hour and it dies off almost instantly?

I sure do...

That's why i posted something. And I read your pretty nice definition of variety. "YES" was all I thought at that moment.

On Topic:

Of course, it would be great to have a bit variety in the missions. But wouldn't it take ages to do something else for EVERY mission there is? If you want to do something else in every Sabotage mission DE would have to make 36 different Sabotages (Based on Wiki, there're 37). And that's only Sabotage. There're still the other mission types.

I'd say let DE remake the old missions types and then we can look if we need these changes.

Edited by Deanoa

That's why i posted something. And I read your pretty nice definition of variety. "YES" was all I thought at that moment.

On Topic:

Of course, it would be great to have a bit variety in the missions. But wouldn't it take ages to do something else for EVERY mission there is? If you want to do something else in every Sabotage mission DE would have to make 36 different Sabotages (Based on Wiki, there're 37). And that's only Sabotage. There're still the other mission types.

I'd say let DE remake the old missions types and then we can look if we need these changes.

Yes and No.

Yes it would take a bit of time, but I'm not saying do it all in 1 go.

No because, I'm saying different variety on missions for each mission.

So that way it would have a bit more variety, without all that much work.

Technically, then your going to a planet, your wiping out the ships and/or planet in the same way.

Dont know if that made sense lol.

I agree with everything.If one thing is bringing the game down,it's variety

Map variety is nonexistant.Warframe skill variety is very limited,some of these are the same thing.Weapon balance is terrible,so if you want variety you need to sacrifice power.If you want power get the typical 6-7 known best weapons

Yes and No.

Yes it would take a bit of time, but I'm not saying do it all in 1 go.

No because, I'm saying different variety on missions for each mission.

So that way it would have a bit more variety, without all that much work.

Technically, then your going to a planet, your wiping out the ships and/or planet in the same way.

Dont know if that made sense lol.

Well, the last part didn't - at least to me. xD

If you could be so nice and explain what you imagined a bit further...?