Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Grineers Drop Their Weapons For Players To Use

KONAir

How about Heavy Grineers drop their weapons as a temp power up?

Player should not be able reload or add more ammo with ammo packs, it is just there as long as it has ammo. They should act like data masses, melee is free but switching to either long gun or pistol would make player drop the weapon.

Minigunner

This might call for a change for Minigunner to actually use a Minigun. Still a free 200~ shot Gorgon is good enough.

Bombard

While I think the homing on this gun is awesome (even on the receving end), it should be more of a Grineer suits thing then the gun itself. So players should get a dumb but slightly faster moving missile.

Napalm

That gun can use a rate of fire upgrade while in Grineer hands too. Otherwise it does what it should, area denial and setting things on fire.

u mean something like how dark sector you can grab their weapon but have a limited time with them since it locks down on you?

Not limited "time" as in Dark Sector, it just has whatever ammo on the weapon, you can't reload or use an ammo box to have more shots.

Yessir, I like it, and I'm all for it!

That sounds like a really fun mechanic to add in. It injects a bit more flavor into the elite baddies. I'd vote for the ammo limit vs. the time limit option though. Time limit seems forced or tacked-on, whereas an ammo limit actually makes sense within the world. Optionally, I'd also be okay with those weapons hampering your movement speed a bit, as some other games do. It should be a heat of the battle incentive to focus-fire the elite, and use his weapon to take out the minions, then drop it and move on.

+2 (my opinion is extra special :p).

Kind of makes me wish they'd do a pickpocket so you could stealth a guy's weapon while he's alive and then blast him with it ._. Cuz I'd totally do that to pretty much every Grineer boss.

That'd be a really cool skill, maybe for a future stealth-focused warframe.

Yessir, I like it, and I'm all for it!

That sounds like a really fun mechanic to add in. It injects a bit more flavor into the elite baddies. I'd vote for the ammo limit vs. the time limit option though. Time limit seems forced or tacked-on, whereas an ammo limit actually makes sense within the world. Optionally, I'd also be okay with those weapons hampering your movement speed a bit, as some other games do. It should be a heat of the battle incentive to focus-fire the elite, and use his weapon to take out the minions, then drop it and move on.

+2 (my opinion is extra special :p).

+1

Also Lokis make heavies drop thier weapon instead of instant destruction, giving some time for players to grab them before they run up and grab it. Even regular Grineer going for dead Heavys weapons and ditch their own pea shooterds would be so, so awesome.

On something more possible it would be nice if regular Grineer weapons become red hot and drop before poping out of existance by Radial Disarm would be nice.

Edited by KONAir