Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe] Dust: Emerging From The Desert

TheWackyWombat

About:

This is a warframe design that I’ve been kicking around in my head for awhile and I thought I should get it down on ‘paper’. I think the ability set is unique enough to give it some personality, and they’re all tied to the central theme behind the frame. I’m not great at number crunching this sort of thing, so I’m not going to post exact stats, but I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

---------------------------------      

Design:

Dust is a hybrid tank/controller that specializes in area denial. Although her individual abilities lack punch compared to other warframes, they synergize extremely well. When given time to prepare, Dust can shutdown entire waves of enemies by carefully placement of her skills before popping her ultimate.

Dust has a decent amount of armor and health which allows her to better place her skills where they’ll best assist her allies and impede her enemies, but she suffers when forced into a dynamic engagement without time to setup. She can still use her skills to assist her allies and impede her foes, but is less effective without multiple skills to trigger her ultimate.

Overall, stat wise, I see Dust sitting somewhere between Vauban and Frost.

Appearance:

Dust is a female warframe which appears to be wearing a sleeveless vest over loose pants. Dust has sleek, knee high armored boots, that appear to be carved from rock and worn by time. Sand slowly slides out of the joints. The arms are covered with a armored gauntlets that have a similar worn rock look, and come up to the shoulder but don’t quite connect with the vest/torso.

The head has very few features, like most of them have been worn off by the wind over time. There are a set of air filters on each side of the mouth area, which are only slightly raised from the rest of the helmet. The back of the helmet has a series of rocky crags that curve downward, almost like hair.

Abilities:

• Shifting Sands: Dust projects a wave of sand out in front of her, in a wide arc, leaving a patch of sand on the ground for a limited time. Allies have their movement speed increased while on the sand patch, enemies have their movement speed slowed.
  • Sand Storm: Dust creates a large, AoE cloud at the target location. While inside the cloud enemies cannot make ranged attacks and take extra damage.
  • Armor Shards: Dust generates a new layer of armor, causing the old one to shatter violently. Enemies around Dust are knocked back and take minor damage, dust gains additional armor for a short time.
  • Desiccation: Dust creates a sandstorm at the target location and any enemy standing in one of her sandstorms, or on her shifting sands, are stunned and take minor damage over time.

That’s about it. I’m still trying to figure out if that’s balanced, her abilities seem underpowered but that was to balance the ultimate. Desiccation may need to only trigger on Sand Storms, but that would mean that Shifting Sands would need a buff. What do you guys think?