The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex Changes

MoyuTheTrinity

The Lex fire rate does not appere to be changed at all If it is its barly noticable on supercharged.

The new recoil feels annoying more then helpfull now that its less recoil it feels very off like it isnt the gun i fell inlove with maybe she is having an affair with someone else and its affecting her performence around me.

Dont worry baby

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never gonna run around and desert you

Never gonna make you cry

Never gonna say goodbye

Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

;w; I hope we can work out our problems soon sweetie

the Kraken just feels so crappy to me personaly basicly you get

1 headshot and 1 body shot or 1 miss with a wimpy sound and recoil

the Lex gets 1 headshot for more base damage with it super charged it can fire alittle faster then 1 bullet a second allowing you to have rythem

that new recoil just threw the rythem off wack after a month or so of practice

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

I prefer the Lex, it hits harder on a per-shot basis and on longer ranges with the Kraken you have to decide if you either go for one headshot and one miss, or one central body hit and gamble for the followup to be a headshot. So on some enemies I'll still be compensating for the 2nd round of the Kraken to get a follow up burst on target, while the Lex already has done the job with the first round.

Don't get me wrong, the Kraken is a fun pistol and i realy like using it for its looks, sounds and its good combination of damage output and low ammo consumption. But it'll not replace the Lex for me in any way and it's certainly not a match for the Lex in long range engagements. Though it might have an edge on close encounters where you can get both rounds into the head of the enemy. So (at least for me) they excell at two very different engagement ranges.

Lex > Kraken ... in looks, performance, sound and sexyness!

Everything there is subjective but the performance. Of course you'd have to get specific about how you use it that makes it so far superior, but to me losing 10 base damage for very long range compared to the still spot-on accuracy of the Kraken (who shoots much faster and with less recoil, or did before the update, have not compared since) who only gets better with every step they take, to the point where at medium range you can land 2 50 damage headshots easily as opposed to a singular 60 damage headshot... well I'm sure you can do the math.

Everything there is subjective but the performance. Of course you'd have to get specific about how you use it that makes it so far superior, but to me losing 10 base damage for very long range compared to the still spot-on accuracy of the Kraken (who shoots much faster and with less recoil, or did before the update, have not compared since) who only gets better with every step they take, to the point where at medium range you can land 2 50 damage headshots easily as opposed to a singular 60 damage headshot... well I'm sure you can do the math.

I've gotten both weapons to 30, and IMO the Lex is the much better weapon for mid- to long-range encounters (really only with Grineer and Corpus). It deals enough damage to get by easily, and only uses the 1 ammo per shot. The Kraken is a much more high-risk, high reward kind of weapon where if you hit one, the other one still isn't certain to hit. It's great for close encounters, and does moderately well at medium range, but the Lex comboed with a shotgun works much better - shotgun for the close range work, low ammo consumption high-damage Lex for the rest.

I cant vouch for the kraken but the Lex is good enough with its risk to reward that if you are good enough it can be your main weapon short to long ranges

It is accuret with or without sights so you can close range a shot to the nose

but the most recent patch has thrown its recoil off wack and the rythem is changed so its like learning a whole new gun

Its new recoil feels wimpy aswell its more annoying then interupting my shooting it feels like my guy should be strong enough to control this little bit of recoil the huge recoil it had before was like "OH CRAP I can see why it hits so hard" but now it just feels wimpy like the kraken

I hope other Lex users feel the same way and we can get it changed back

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

So, went ahead picked up my Lex again. I agree with the OP, this recent recoil/RoF change was annoying. Before, you could fire again after recovering from the heavy recoil which gave the gun a unique rhythm. Now, there's this awkward (and non-sensical) pause before you could fire again. IMO, they should've given it a damage buff instead.

So, went ahead picked up my Lex again. I agree with the OP, this recent recoil/RoF change was annoying. Before, you could fire again after recovering from the heavy recoil which gave the gun a unique rhythm. Now, there's this awkward (and non-sensical) pause before you could fire again. IMO, they should've given it a damage buff instead.

We've known each other for so long

Your heart's been aching, but

You're too shy to say it

Inside, we both know what's been going on

We know the game and we're gonna play it

So far my Lex can only 1 shot Runner and those Jumpers. It's rank 13 at the moment. I wonder if I should supercharge it to 1 shot everything.

It will 1 shot everything on the first planet at level 30

At level 30 it had a nice speed of 1.1 wich synced with its recoil perfectly doing 80 damage without mods headshots to grieneer

Not many Lex users out there I guess DE probably wont notice us and fix it

I fail to see what the issue is, likely because I didn't use the Lex before the update which got rid of some recoil. Seems perfectly fine to me, except for the fact that it's stopped dead by armour - a round THAT large (magnum, essentially) would go through armour easily. If they're gonna make sure we can't fire again for a while, at least give us some armour piercing.

I fail to see what the issue is, likely because I didn't use the Lex before the update which got rid of some recoil. Seems perfectly fine to me, except for the fact that it's stopped dead by armour - a round THAT large (magnum, essentially) would go through armour easily. If they're gonna make sure we can't fire again for a while, at least give us some armour piercing.

the recoil is faster then the gun can shoot lets say the recoil pops up every 0.5 can only shoot 1 bullet every second thats half a second of why cant i shoot

I would much rather the old Lex with its old recoil then the new one

Please DE fix the Lex

the people who actualy want the Lex prefer it slow with alot of recoil especialy when the recoil was so perfectly synced with the rate of fire

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

the recoil is faster then the gun can shoot lets say the recoil pops up every 0.5 can only shoot 1 bullet every second thats half a second of why cant i shoot

I would much rather the old Lex with its old recoil then the new one

Please DE fix the Lex

the people who actualy want the Lex prefer it slow with alot of recoil especialy when the recoil was so perfectly synced with the rate of fire

I agree, I liked it when the rof synced with the recoil. However, the Kraken can also be like the Lex if you are able to control the recoil. It is not that hard, people. Pull straight down and you'll be getting dual headshots all the time, far outdamaging the Lex. I still enjoy using my lex, but in leveling my Kraken, I am seeing the straight up damage increase in it. Also, just add clip/max ammo mods and you'll do just fine. Edited by CH33F

the lex's new short recoil is shorter then the rate of fire

they nee to increase the rate of fire too match the new recoil (i hate this idea it will make the lex to fast)

Or

increase the recoil back to the way it was so it matches the gun's shoot speed

If they wish to buff this gun

they can buff its reloa time or increase its damage

1 bullet a second is the perfect speed for it and 0.9 second recoil is perfect for it

I actually Like the Recoil.

It rewards and balances it's damage with personal skill (i.e. physcial compensation with the mouse)

Just like all of the Semi-automatic weapons do.

Plus the low-fire rate with its recoil not only keep the damage at a sane level,

And clearly identify its function as being a side-arm and less effective than the primaries.

Also, I've got to be the only one to actually enjoy the recoil because I can visually "Feel" the impact of the bullet shattering the skulls of the enemies that lay before me. This sensation and display of power coupled with the neccesity of skill for effecive use are the elements that make this my favorite gun to use, rather than the sheer killing power of it.

It may be because I'm a gun-nut IRL; I'm addicted to high-recoil guns. The force shooting through my arms just sets off my adrenaline system.