Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tedium: Farming for Orokin parts for the Necramech.

Darena_Bryant

Having to go to one mission over and over and over and over for the parts needed to progress with the necramech feels a lot like you're trying to burn players out on the concept before they even get started. Grinding is a part of warframe; you can tell from the hours I've put in that I know this very plainly. Even so, the idea that those parts don't exist ANYWHERE ELSE is... annoying.

Suggestions for a fix: Make it so when ally necramechs get downed, you can attempt to salvage parts from them. This could include the damaged parts you need to repair to build your own necramech as well as the various Orokin matrices. It would encourage running around the map looking for these ally mechs broken parts and give more people a reason to just roam collecting resources.

Put more corrupted necramechs on the surface: There is no way those things only spawn in one location. And you can see them from time to time outside, wandering around, or get attacked by them when you go near one of those pillars already. So just make them a more common enemy in the open world, and allow them to drop the matrices.

Make basic matrices more common in necramechs: The less advanced the part, the more common it should be in a single necramech, rather than only one per necramech. For example the Orientation matrix should drop 1-4 per mech (one for each limb, minus potential damage to the part), the Ballistics matrix should drop 1-2 per mech (one per weapon arm, minus potential damage to the part) and the Animus matrix should have only a 1 to 1 chance of dropping (this is the 'core' of the mech, so it would only have one). This would drastically reduce the grind on something that, as I mentioned in a previous post, was meant to be a huge draw to new and old players alike, only to have turned into a massive, boring slog through ONE SINGLE MISSION to get.

Make it three separate, non cycle bound bounties of varying difficulty: As it reads is how it should or could be. Suppose someone needs only the Animus matrices to complete their objective or to get rep to rank up. They should be able to run the third, highest ranking vault bounty to try for the Animus matrix, instead of having to run three missions just to get a *chance* of one dropping. Making it so other bounties can give those Orokin matrices would be very nice as well, instead of the current 'run the same location three times in one cycle or fail' concept. *Any* corrupted necramech should have some chance of cropping one or more of those matrices, giving players options on how they go about getting them, and thus giving them option as to how they play around on Deimos. If the Infestation takes in things, and can then respawn those things endlessly, they should be able to respawn *anywhere* on Deimos to some extent.

The fact that all of these parts can only be acquired in one place is the main issue for me though. The difficulty of the missions isn't a problem. For example, some people I randomly teamed up with were in such a hurry to try to make that stupid 'do it three times in a single cycle' concept in time that they failed completely on the second run when everyone forgot to pick up the bait to open the door to the vault... so it despawned. The only reason this happened was the rush to complete all three runs in one cycle. This was on the second run, so now everyone involved had to go back to base, wait for the cycle to turn (which there is no indication inside the base that it has for some unknown reason... add some windows or something that show the light from Vome and Fass so we can tell while inside the Necralisk, please!) and start over with the first mission again.

I sincerely hope someone who can influence whether or not these things get put into effect sees this and considers it, since I feel it would greatly reduce the sensation of mindless grinding and add an aspect of progressing towards a goal to this part of the game.

Archived