Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Gamepad repeating the previous ability input

DaftJunk

Previously, pressing the Ability button in conjunction with any of the other 5 other buttons mapped to a frame's 4 abilities or transference would activate that ability. Pressing the Ability button alone would repeat the previous ability used.

As far as I can tell, after this update, the "activating previous ability" seem to take effect regardless if I press the ability alone or when pressing it and the corresponding ability button. If I used Transference before and then want to activate my 4th ability, my operator still pops out. Putting in the same command again will execute the 4th ability as normal. It becomes incredibly agitating while playing frames such as Limbo where activating the previous ability again will either dispel or recast the ability, meaning my crowd control needs to be interrupted if I am to use another ability or that I simply can't dispel Cataclysm since I'll be repeatedly casting it.

I'm using a Logitech F710 controller, I've never come across this problem before. Only setting I touched recently was your newest deadzone adjustments for the right analog stick.

Problem still persists today, even after the patch. I also tried switching to an older controller, and the problem remained. If you need more details, feel free to ask, because right now, any mission requiring me to use any ability besides transference essentially becomes a much bigger hassle than required, almost on the verge of being unplayable.

Problem still persists. If I need to use abilities consistently, I now use my keyboard to activate them. The issues I described in my first post does not happen whatsoever when I use my keyboard, but occurs immediately once I use them with my controller.

Archived