Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fov

DeadlyShadow

This. Can someone explain what Exactly is the FOV and what does it do when you adjust it?

Since when they added it, my game gets laggy and I know its not my connection but it is graphics issues. When I lowered it down to 1/4 and some other adjustments, my game ran smoothly again, but still lags sometimes.

This. Can someone explain what Exactly is the FOV and what does it do when you adjust it?

Since when they added it, my game gets laggy and I know its not my connection but it is graphics issues. When I lowered it down to 1/4 and some other adjustments, my game ran smoothly again, but still lags sometimes.

Field of view is the area of vision calculated in degrees.

In real-life, a human eye can capture a field of view of 180º.

By increasing your field of view, you'll be able to see more around you but your game will seem more like a fish eye, rather than a human eye.

So it's up to you if you like to see more or keep it by default.

In my opinion, 90º would be perfect for a first-person but developers make 60º/70º by default, which decreases the game's field of view immensely and feels claustrophobic.

Also, keep in mind that low field of views can cause problems such as headaches or nausea. Not sure if it can be applied to high field of views as well but I'd take a guess it could happen.

The human eye doesn't go 180. I think the max you can perceive even with peripheral vision is 160 or so. In my experience, it is most comfortable to play games at 130. There are some people that would play at 360 and while I've tried that before, it just messed with my head.

Your ideal FoV is also dependent on your distance from the screen. This is why console games tend to have lower FoV's in my experience than PC games.

Check this out. http://en.wikipedia...._in_video_games

FOV is the angle of your vision cone as a player when it comes to video games. Large FOV= a fish eye like effect, with good situational awareness. Small FOV= tunnel vision, with a lack of peripheral vision. You may have experienced a dip in frame rates with the high FOV because the game is now rendering more stuff on the screen. Being able to lower FOV is often a nice way to get a framerate boost without sacrificing percieved visual quality, since you are simply seeing less.