Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

some railjack group play and other suggestion

floyvoid

this is all just my opinion, i have no idea about %, i see this all from my point of view with high intrinsics and ship with very good gear. i could be wrong. i will ask for nerfs and contradict myself. i see one main predicaments (blame my dictionary if thats not the right word):

general railjack predicaments: SOLO versus Group:
1) DE wants to make SOLO PLAYERS (bad internet connections, avoid trolls/leechers, dont want to manage noobs) happy. DE announced we will get command intrinsics to let solo players manage npcs, who accomplish the tasks of players.
2) imo railjack was ment to be GROUP CONTENT (some ppl enjoy company and want to play with friends), i could be wrong. and the fact that we currently dont have command intrinsics would mean, atm this is group content.

i can SOLO run mission. "tether" battle avionics makes short work of enemy fighters. jump into forward artillery to destroy crewships. no need to craft any consumables during mission thanks to "artillery cheap shot" integrated avionics, zetki reactor + "hyperflux" integrated avionics. intrinsic engineering 10 remote repairs hardly ever needed. of course, solo is slow, but it works.

in a GROUP someone sitting all the time in forward artillery and someone in the forge, speeds up the mission time A LOT. during veil, gian point mission the pilot is busy 100% of the time, someone in forward artillery 5% of the mission time, and someone in forge 20% of the time, no need for a 4th player. sure a 4th player can do 2nd objectives if not doing gian point mission. but i have the feeling 80% of all the railjack missions done are gian point (maybe 10% to farm pennant/quellor). so we have 3 players who are not doing much, and we have 2 NOT USED TURRETS.

not just no need for any gunners sitting in a TURRET, no, pilots even "asking" players to get out of the turrets. probably because a) gunners could waste flux energy by useing battle avionics in a wrong way and b) side turrets are EXTREMLY underpowered / INSUFFICIENT compared to battle avionics ("tether").

i personaly would like to see railjack more cooperative gameplay, and every player of the railjack crew is needed and has an important role. but that would ruin solo play as it is now (and would it make new player experience worse?). so these suggestions only work if DE let command intrinsic npcs take the roles of players. 

suggestions:
- nerf battle avionics ("tether") (and other battle avionics if they can destroy enemy fighters fast) with the goal to give gunners work, because we have 2 turrets, and several integrated turret avionics.
- increase turret damage A LOT. caped turrets pushed with integrated avionics should one hit kill enemy fighters. ( star wars shows one hit fighter destructions, luke didnt have to hit the tie fighter 5 times). that would also make players feel more powerfull. if not one hit kill, maybe add new integrated avionics for status, for 2 hit kill? 
- increase speed of enemy fighters. so you need a skilled gunner to hit a fighter, especially when fighters circle around the railjack. and or you need battle / tactical avionics to create CC and slow down fighters. and or you need a fast railjack with a skilled pilot to keep enemy fighters at the right distance, to line up shots for gunners, enemy fighters flying in direct line to you to catch up are easy to hit.

- on/off switches for the L tactical menu that can change settings of the railjack during the mission (can only be used by the host of the mission?). the other crew members shoul be able to hit L and see the settings. e.g.
gunners use battle avioncs: 
active (if gunners can e.g. use cc to slow down fighters)
deactivated (to make sure gunners dont waste flux energy) (so only pilot can use battle avionics)

- now we have 1 or 2 gunners busy. and one of them could jump from side turret to forward artillery when needed. that works. but i dont think ... workflow goal in warships is to make ppl run around. how about the host can make a decision to connect the forward artillery to the pilot seat cross hairs before lauch by adding one new avionic? (yes pilot then needs gunnery 5 to use it). maybe call it "pilot forward artillery". the pilot knows best when he lines up the railjack and stops to shoot the big cannon. and the total time needed in that forward artillery seat is really small, i think the pilot could take that task too. but its still build decision and makes your ship use less other avionics or it needs more avionic capacity. it could be a integrated avionics, then a keyboard key binding would fire it. it could be a battle avionics, then your railjack would take flux and dome charges to fire, but its immediately visible as battle avionics and easy to use.

if "pilot forward artillery" would be a battle avionics the railjack would need more on / off switches for the L tactical menu (to be changed during mission by host) like:
battle avionics 1 for gunners: active / deactivated
battle avionics 2 for gunners: active / deactivated
battle avionics 3 for gunners: active / deactivated
forward artillery seat: active / deactivated

- engineer ... starting 4 crafting jobs every 2 minutes, sometimes hit "battleforge" to get more than 4 done within 2 minutes, is important to get the mission done fast... but imo its also a bit boring. i was hopeing for a bit more active engineer gameplay. how about to make it more like a co-pilot/engineer job? e.g. the ships reactor generates certain amount of energy that can be distributed by the engineer. (the railjack's engines and weapons should probably not draw from that energy pool to avoid trolling.) systems that could be powered by that energy: 
forge (the more energy you assign to forge the faster the crafting ends)
(hull) repair tasks (the more energy you assing to repair the faster the repairs are done)
shields (the more energy the faster shields recharge)
battery as storage (and you can use stored battery to fill up your shields, like a heal)
so an engineer could dynamicly change energy distribution, but more power for one system means less power for other systems. do you remember captain james t. kirk yelling "all energy to the front shields!"? well i dont, but this engineer could do it (if shield regen / heals are split to front and back). and imo put that all on one controll screen / seat including the 4 different forge stations. if thats just too much asked for:

- 4 different forge stations, im not sure if i like that. sometimes im engineer and then all the forge stations belog to me, i am the king of the forge, i have full control ... until an other crew member comes and blocks one station for 2 minutes by starting a munitions crafting job, even they were at 30/31. maybe make one seat with control screen for all 4 forges and only the player who sits in the seat can start crafting. 

- sometimes a player pushes the "refine" button in one of the forges, and make it difficult to craft consumables during a missions. solution could be:
on / off switche for the L tactical menu (to be changed during mission by host):
forge refine: active / deactivated (to not let crew sabotage consumables crafting)
OR remove the refine button in the forge

- i have heard player complain about: "leechers, legit leave the railjack and fly around" (oh wait ... oh ... oh yes that was me in archwing). i think that can make sense to collect materials and everyone benefits, or it can be just to farm affinity for archwings/weapons and it just slows down the team. solution could be:
on / off switches for the L tactical menu (to be changed during mission by host):
exit doors: open / locked
slingshot: active / deactivated
Problem: host trolling and doesnt let crew exit to finish secondary objectives.

-problem crew members who want to stop missions, use the navigation to send the railjack back to the dojo (even if the 3 other players want to continue).  solution could be:
on / off switche for the L tactical menu (to be changed during mission by host):
crew navigation: active / deactivated (to not let crew members send railjack to missions / dojo) 
BUT give crew members an obvious way to let them themself return to dojo and keep rewards from previous missions and tbh im not sure how that can be done atm. 

im going to abort this post now (hope everything is saved) and return to orbiter. congrats, you made it to the end of  this post.

i was just thinking about my above suggestion:
- nerf battle avionics ("tether") (and other battle avionics if they can destroy enemy fighters fast) with the goal to give gunners work, because we have 2 turrets, and several integrated turret avionics.

yes i know, we hate nerfs. let me change that suggestion:
- nerf battle avionics (if they can destroy enemy fighters fast), but at the same time give us integrated avionics to be able to push / return to current state of battle avioncs damage. so its a choice if players e.g. want to ignore turrets, not add any of the currently existing turret integrated avionics and add damage increase integrated avionics for battle avioncs. because e.g. "i only want to play with ONE friend and i hate npcs as gunners".

Archived