Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Something I'm Missing About The Hyena?

gooeylobster

Question

It is level 24 and I have a 30 Loki, 28 Latron, 27 Aklato, and 30 Dual Heat Swords. I am finding this fight to be absolutely impossible. I have no time to get his shield down before he shoots a missle that almost one-shots me. I have to stay on the move but that makes getting his shield down impossible since it recharges so fast. Not to mention he is crazy fast and is constantly spraying me with bullets. Is there a trick to this I'm not getting?

I've been able to solo most bosses with Rhino + Hek

Rhino/Trinity seem to be the best boss soloing frames (invincibility granting skills).

Shotguns seem to be the most ammo efficient; I still have ~50-70 rounds left after pumping lead into the hyena.

Loki's Invisibility makes him invincible as well.

Afuris does fire faster than the AKlato simply because the AKlato is limited by how fast you can click your mouse button where as the afuris is a full auto that allows you to just hold the button down for max fire rate. Additionally I believe it has a larger magazine as well meaning it's also firing more bullets before each reload.

I have both a loki and a trinity. Strun on loki and vandal on trinity. I can easily take down hyena with both loadouts and taking minimal damage.

There are a few tricks to this but first, get rid of your damn latron, it doesnt work against hyena.

Secondly, hyena has a stomp, which can be nullified simply by jumping.

So the easiest thing to do would be get an effective close range weapon, circle strafe the damn thing and jump when it stomps. Sounds easy, and you can pretty much dodge all the stomps with enough practice. I've been soloing since forever and jumping to dodge every stomp is reflex at this point. You should learn to do it. One thing to look out for is the damn missiles though. It oneshots/ hurts you very badly. And since you're a loki, just put a decoy down and hide behind cover when he does that.