Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Bounties/Eidolons Need More Tweeking

(NSW)JigsJosh

Sadly I think this will get overlooked and tossed aside considering PoE has been out for awhile and you guys at DE are probably busy working on other things, but there are still a few things about PoE bounties that can be fixed.

1. Area defense is still broken. Even now I've encountered many times where enemies don't spawn. And this I find odd because area defense in Cambion Drift is flawless, and the percentage drain doesn't occur when enemies are not present. I'd like to see the same thing with PoE area defense.

2. The "Draw the Target Out in One Minute" bonus objective is pretty wonky. I've seen it get checked for some people and then get unchecked after the minute passes for not killing the target. I've drawn the target out in one minute and it didn't get checked at all for some reason. It should say "Kill the Target in One Minute" if that's how the objective works, otherwise it should be changed so that the objective is checked permanently for drawing them out independently of having to kill them.

3. Eidolons themselves need an overhaul. They're too loud which makes it hard to listen for vomvalysts when you're aiming upward at them, and looking around for them wastes valuable time you could be spending damaging them. Sadly the vomvalysts are tougher now too then they have been in the past, requiring more shots from amps which already have a limited amount of shots. It's unfortunate considering the vomvalysts can heal them or replenish their shields, and the things mentioned make them hard to solo (personally I think everything in the game should be easy enough to solo, especially now where matchmaking is so thinned out from all the content). And there's just so much to the fights. You gotta collect the lures and kill enough voms to charge them before you can take out a limb otherwise they teleport making the fight take even longer. Overall compared to the orbs in Vallis and iso vaults in Cambion Drift which are both awesome and really fun, fighting Eidolons is just simply not fun. It would be nice to see something like a reduction of their shields, a reduced frequency of heals from voms or even better a limit to the number of voms that can be present depending on the number of players in the squad.

Archived