Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery 30 Test needs better UI or Lotus Dialogue

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

Full disclosure: I play all MR tests blind without Simaris test, I know to expect potential fails.  

I think the Mastery 30 test has an issue.  It's basically Survival, but in wave format.  To progress waves you must activate a mandatory Life Support Tower. 

You see, Lotus tells you at the beginning your only objective is to survive so it seemed easy (and it really is when you know the real instructions).  I was sustaining off life support capsules just fine.  The problem came when I was stuck at the objective "2/2 bosses killed" and it wouldn't progress.  I was baffled why the objective wouldn't update and wave 2 wouldn't start.  I kept fighting not knowing what else to do.  I failed to the timer and assumed it bugged out.   

It turns out the first time I did the test, indeed it bugged out, but not the way I thought.  I had a UI bug with no icons on the Bosses, Life Support pickups or tower.  I didn't even know the towers existed but the other 2 were pretty obvious.  I didn't find out until looking it up on youtube.  I was a little cheesed about this because any player who's made it to MR30 is probably also used to being 90 minutes deep into a survival before thinking about using towers, able to sustain off just pickups.  It shouldn't have been necessary.

Now, I know my issue was rooted in a bug, but even in my live run when I had icons working again, it was terrible.  There was a million pickup icons on the UI mixed with the Tower one.  Simply put, it was unintuitive to the core.  I feel like this could be fixed 2 ways. 

1. Better instruction and UI.  Our "only" goal isn't to survive, our goal is to kill a wave of enemies, followed by bosses, and then activate a tower WHILE surviving.  Let's be honest about it. 

"Your goal is to face waves of your most fearsome enemies while collecting Life Support.  Defeat them, take out their leaders, and activate the Life Support Towers.  Good luck Tenno." 

Also, maybe when you kill all the bosses, the UI should update from "2/2 Bosses Killed" to actually telling you the next objective "Activate the Tower".  It's just more intuitive.

2. We actually just forgo the need for any of that, and remove the arbitrary mandatory Tower activation, and just let the next wave roll over.  You know, that kind of just seems to be how it should have been anyway imo... 

Archived