Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods That Change The Looks Of Weapons

Delta.one

ok, so I threw this idea out in the design council section for the new infested whip coming out soon because I feel like this would add much more to the games weapons.

examples:

zoom mods: add a type of scope to the weapon ( yes I know tenno don't need scopes but it's only as a cosmetic for the weapon) 

elemental mods: fire has lava cracks in the weapon.

ice has icicles protruding from the weapon

shock has wireless that have lightning jump between them

armor piercing makes a longer bigger barrel

damage mods: changes the look of the barrel of the weapon

fire rate mods: also changes the barrel or actual gun itself.

ammo mods: changes the clip to look bigger for those weapons that have one. adds clips on the sides of the weapon or attached to your warframe.

noise reduction: adds a type of silencer?

faction damage increase: changes the weapon to have parts that are specific to that faction.

infested: tentacles in parts of the gun

grineer: grineer type plating in spots

corpus: laser lines throughout the weapon.

reload speed: the clip is in a spot closer to a hand holding the gun

this is really all i can come up with at this moment but this basically adds all new possibilities for your favorite weapons, as if changing them into a brand new weapon.

what do you guys think?

I want the mods to change the weapon where it makes sense, isn't difficult and doesn't become obnoxious.

So for example elemental effects near the muzzle is definitely doable, just don't make it cover the whole weapon.

Longer clips should be possible once DE makes a separate mesh for each one (which they intend on doing eventually)

Silencers should be doable, since it's just adding a cylinder, there could be a corpus, grineer, tenno and prime design so it blends better with the weapon you are using.

Scopes, sure like the silencer.

A longer melee weapon with reach is also doable, just need to select a spot for each weapon where the mesh becomes longer.

A change in the barrel sounds problematic because weapons have such diverse shapes: you can't just do a couple pre-designed barrels and stick on like a silencer or scope and I doubt DE is making a separate mesh for the barrel like it's doing with the clips.

I don't think it would look good to add tentacles, plates and laser lines, because unlike the elementals those aren't transparent and would look out of place on most weapons, for example tentacles on a braton or random energy lines on the synapse, etc.

Edited by CubedOobleck

those are bad elemental effects

I wouldn't want my beautiful guns to look like they've been abused, rubbed against a thousand cats and stuck into a freezer, And neither would other players. If there are those who really want their weapons to look so colourful, make it optional if you really have to have such cosmetic effects.

Please no....

Just....no.

Having a gun frozen with electric lava is NOT cool.

It's just ridiculously exaggerated and....childish.

It's already bad enough our melee weapons look like something out of the imagination of a 7 year old:

"My sword is on FIRE and ELECTRIC and...and FROZEN at the same time!"

If anything, make elemental mods change the muzzle flash and the tracer effect.

Perhaps a small light or something on the side to indicate the used mod but that's it.

Having your whole gun on fire, even if the fire has a better effect that the....one on our melee weapons is just RIDICULOUS.

Edited by Cabadath5

Please no....

Just....no.

Having a gun frozen with electric lava is NOT cool.

It's just ridiculously exaggerated and....childish.

It's already bad enough our melee weapons look like something out of the imagination of a 7 year old:

"My sword is on FIRE and ELECTRIC and...and FROZEN at the same time!"

If anything, make elemental mods change the muzzle flash and the tracer effect.

Perhaps a small light or something on the side to indicate the used mod but that's it.

Having your whole gun on fire, even if the fire has a better effect that the....one on our melee weapons is just RIDICULOUS.

how do you know its not cool? you haven't seen what it could look like. pictured what it could look like. the elements on melee weapons are all in the same area. the ones im describing would be more subtle, especially the part where you said the whole gun would be on fire. it wouldn't be. it would have small lava cracks throughout the gun. anyways you and everyone else is making the focus on the elements only. the whole point of this thread is to ask peoples opinions on having mods that change the COSMETIC LOOK of your guns so they don't always look the same. like its obviously posted, they were examples to describe a picture in your mind. if you can't use that to try and imagine how different your guns would look and decided that you like the idea of cosmetically changing mods, then you really shouldn't have posted.

I'd prefer the elementals to not appear on a gun. If the gun is so structurally unstable that the lava from the ammunition is flowing in cracks on the outside, chances are it's not safe to fire it. Go ahead and make it look subtle and badass, but given that it's the ammunition doing elemental damage and not the gun itself, there is no reason to have the gun itself display any trace of elemental effects unless it's physically deteriorating from overuse.

Silencer is a good idea, though. Just place a simple suppressor at the end of most Rifles and such. It would be tough to find something that would fit the Miter, though.