The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cosmetic Helmets, Why De?

Eternity07

There will never be a perfect balance, there will always be optimal builds end of story.  Yes by the way, cosmetics should never effect game stats.  That is why they are cosmetics, I don't want to have to use a helmet I think is ugly just for it's stats that is silly and removes player choice.  I'm forced to either become less powerful or look good?  That isn't a choice and wanting cosmetics doesn't have anything to do with instant gratification, go read a book or something instead of just tossing around words you hear adults use sometimes. 

The same reasoning applied to weapons would mean i would suffer when I'm not using a Soma, and Acrid and an Orthos Prime.

Yet I use other weapons I like more, accepting that I won't be able to melt enemies like buttah because well, Flux rifle ftw.

That's the choice. Looks? Power? Speed? Shields? Something else? Can't have all, so you must decide. (the current system is horribly broken as there are helmets that are simply useless, but if they did take some time to give them stats someone cares for...)

A bit like the mod system.

With cosmetics without stats it's just... well... choose the F*** you like without any consequence. Which is still instant-gratification in my book. Sorry to hurt your feelings but that's what it is.

If they do that they will also remove the helmets from Alerts, as I think they said cosmetic stuff doesn't go on ALerts.

Get your plat ready.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

The same reasoning applied to weapons would mean i would suffer when I'm not using a Soma, and Acrid and an Orthos Prime.

Yet I use other weapons I like more, accepting that I won't be able to melt enemies like buttah because well, Flux rifle ftw.

That's the choice. Looks? Power? Speed? Shields? Something else? Can't have all, so you must decide. (the current system is horribly broken as there are helmets that are simply useless, but if they did take some time to give them stats someone cares for...)

A bit like the mod system.

With cosmetics without stats it's just... well... choose the F*** you like without any consequence. Which is still instant-gratification in my book. Sorry to hurt your feelings but that's what it is.

If they do that they will also remove the helmets from Alerts, as I think they said cosmetic stuff doesn't go on ALerts.

Get your plat ready.

Instant gratification is gratification (pleasure) instantly (now) - it is no way shape or form related to cosmetics vs. stats.  If you want to talk about obtainment, well that is a whole other kettle of fish.

The weapon stats are apples to oranges and you know it - a far more appropriate argument would be vandal VS. regular forms of weapons or skins vs weapons.  Skins shouldn't have stats, ditto with cosmetics - cosmetics exist for aesthetics and that is all.  A helmet and any other part of your suit shouldn't alter the suits stats but should just be cosmetic to allow players to make their frames unique without punishing them.  Or do you think we should have stats on color schemes on our frames as well?

Instant gratification is gratification (pleasure) instantly (now) - it is no way shape or form related to cosmetics vs. stats.  If you want to talk about obtainment, well that is a whole other kettle of fish.

The weapon stats are apples to oranges and you know it - a far more appropriate argument would be vandal VS. regular forms of weapons or skins vs weapons.  Skins shouldn't have stats, ditto with cosmetics - cosmetics exist for aesthetics and that is all.  A helmet and any other part of your suit shouldn't alter the suits stats but should just be cosmetic to allow players to make their frames unique without punishing them.  Or do you think we should have stats on color schemes on our frames as well?

Red is faster. Everyone knows that from Warhammer. :P

A helmet isn't just a skin, it has a different model too. Just like all rifles are basically the same mechanic with different stats and model.

I think that helmets with decent stats that make sense would actually be better than just dumb cosmetics. Because it forces the player to think about what is really better for him. If you allow people to get the F*** they want, then the frame's build is going to be exactly the same for more or less anyone, with minor differences like helmets or colour scheme. More or less like it is for Nova.

If you allow anyone to get any helmet then it's simply gratification because he can get the looks he wants without strings attached (i.e. nerfs), and is also instant, as he gets the helmet without all the tedious looking for an alert, doing it and then building the thing in the foundry.

Why? Because cosmetics aren't dropped from alerts, so now you would have to buy them with plat, and that is probably an often-forgotten detail in this "helmets as cosmetics" movement.

Enjoy the freedom of paying platinum, and if you don't or can't... well, sucks to be you.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Personally I have no issues with the helms being made purely cosmetic even the existing ones.  Mostly because the stats seem haphazard rather than actually giving build options within a frame, some stats are just counter to any build you would make for the warframe.

Other option for helms could be to (as has been sugested elsewhere) have helm only mods, like auras.  This could be good for the resistance style mods (including the quirker mods like handspring and surefooted ) to go in that pool too.

Alternativly make helms have a slot like an orokin reactor/catalyst in which you can permanently install a 'converter' that gives the current style helm mods to a specific helm.  This would also mean players may want to have more than just one of the same helm configured with a different 'converter' for alternative builds but keeping the same look.  It means current players can keep their current helms (they come with a preinstalled converter with the current stats), and any future helms are made/bought without a converter.

Why? Because cosmetics aren't dropped from alerts, so now you would have to buy them with plat, and that is probably an often-forgotten detail in this "helmets as cosmetics" movement.  ...

Actually they did have pure cosmetic in the alert system already with the Dagger Axe skins (not sure if they are still in).  Though honestly the alert system is actually perfect for cosmetics because it means players that dont like paying for cosmetics(or free players) can get them, though they may have to wait months to actually catch an alert with one.  While being a cosmetics in alerts its not going to annoy people missing an alert (well as much) because it changes nothing.