Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea/Concept to make endless missions more interesting :D

AleFreak

This is just an idea I had last night before going to bed, what if endless missions like survival, defense, and interception had RANDOM EVENTS?

You know that playing those types of missions looking for that one relic can become tedious sometimes, so why not have some random stuff happening suddenly? to make them not only more interesting, but also just a little more difficult.

My idea is to make these events happen after you played the mission for a little bit at least, like 5-10 minutes into survival for example. After that point, some random stuff can happen, depending on the tile set you are in. Here are some examples:

• For the Grineer tile sets:
Spoiler

20210226130948-1.jpg20210226132348-1.jpg

First I thought about some big explosion suddenly happening somewhere, maybe have a broken pipe pop out of the floor with flames, but then I remembered the fire condition when you blow up the reactor on sabotage, that could happen for a few minutes on the scenario, maybe with some random explosions around the place. It would be a little more difficult to move around with all the fire and explosions. I also thought about releasing some radiations clouds randomly.

• For the Corpus tile sets:
Spoiler

20210226130051-1.jpg

20210226125346-1.jpg

How about the electromagnetic anomalies condition from sabotage? or the blackout, also from sabotage? these could be present for a few minutes on the survival, defense, and interception missions, and it would make it a little harder to deal with enemies since you would either not see them, or you would have a hard time moving around with the electromagnetic bubbles. Also, imagine in survival having to go through one of those things when you're low on life support :O

• For the Infested tile sets:
Spoiler

20210226133016-1.jpg20210226133000-1.jpg

For this one I had two options in mind, which could be two events that play randomly. The first one are the toxic clouds that the Mutalist Osprey leaves after charging to the player, these could randomly appear around the place, or maybe have the toxic and cold clouds that the Ghouls leave when the die ,I also thought about doing the same with that yellow mucus from the Mutalist MOA.

The second option is this one:

Spoiler

20210226140221-1.jpg

20210226140659-1.jpg

20210226140054-1.jpg

The viral clouds from the hive mission, they would also make it more difficult to move around :D

I also thought about having a random sentient invasion for the Jupiter tile set, like the one in Orphix Venom, but without having the objective of destroying the Orphix. Imagine doing some normal mission, and suddenly you hear a big crash, the entire place shakes, and some sentients start to appear on the place. You could even have the sentients disable your Warframe on a specific area, like in Orphix Venom, so you are forced to either fight with your Necramech temporarily, or just escape the area in your Operator form.

These are all the ideas I had for random events during endless missions, feel free to add any ideas you may have :D

• 1 month later...

This is a pretty cool idea overall and I agree that it could help break things up for those who find endless missions tedious! Personally, I enjoy endless missions for the opportunity to settle on in to a good rhythm of constant slashy-slashy rather than micro-switching tasks frequently, so I wouldn't totally love it for random events like this to be very common if the concept was implemented.

Maybe a cool thing to do with it would be to have a way to initiate the event? Similar to when a Juggernaut spawns, for example. I quite like how events are integrated like this in Path of Exile too, for example, where you typically have to interact (break a crystal, talk to an npc, etc) in order to start a short special event.

En 20/4/2021 a las 15:21, BlushyStrawberry dijo:

This is a pretty cool idea overall and I agree that it could help break things up for those who find endless missions tedious! Personally, I enjoy endless missions for the opportunity to settle on in to a good rhythm of constant slashy-slashy rather than micro-switching tasks frequently, so I wouldn't totally love it for random events like this to be very common if the concept was implemented.

Maybe a cool thing to do with it would be to have a way to initiate the event? Similar to when a Juggernaut spawns, for example. I quite like how events are integrated like this in Path of Exile too, for example, where you typically have to interact (break a crystal, talk to an npc, etc) in order to start a short special event.

I totally agree with your idea!

Now that I think about it, some people may still want to play the normal endless missions without having to stop their slaughter, kinda relaxing. So you're right, having a way to make the event happen like with Juggernaut would be cool, since you can do it or just ignore it.

So, if it's gonna be optional, there would have to be a reason for the player to want to do this... maybe have these events give you some buffs? and having the annoying conditions I mentioned as downsides? I think that would be cool :D

On 2021-04-23 at 7:14 PM, AleFreak said:

I totally agree with your idea!

Now that I think about it, some people may still want to play the normal endless missions without having to stop their slaughter, kinda relaxing. So you're right, having a way to make the event happen like with Juggernaut would be cool, since you can do it or just ignore it.

So, if it's gonna be optional, there would have to be a reason for the player to want to do this... maybe have these events give you some buffs? and having the annoying conditions I mentioned as downsides? I think that would be cool :D

Yeah I think that'd be a fun balance for sure!

For first, I kinda agree with your ideas, this would help missions be less boring for some people who think this (not my case). Well I must confess that I'll find these a little bit annoying and some of your ideas especially toxic clouds or explosions would get people angry according to me. So why not adding your ideas to Steel path missions ! People who just want to chill out in typical missions won't be bothered by explosions or toxin everywhere you know🙂 and then people who are looking for some challenge might go to Steel Path to find out these endless features !

I don't know if i've been clear enough 😂

Archived