Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lag And Pickup Radius

xenapan

Been finding lately that if theres a decent amount of lag in the game for some reason I can run over something like an energy ball and have it not pick up. The pickup radius is generally pretty small to begin with but with lag its just worse. You could probably double the size of the hit box so stuff can be picked up at roughly "arms length" instead it would be alot less frustrating. As it is, with lag, I can probably touch it with my warframe and it still won't pick up 100% of the time. Especially if movement is involved, running makes it pretty horrible. So it would be much appreciated if this happened. The game is frustrating enough when it lags, we dont need to make the collecting part of it even worse.

This could be remedied somewhat if Tenno had a small radius of a metre or so with which to pick things up automatically. This generally occurs because the pickup on the Host's side is in a slightly different position than you as the client. Adding a pickup radius rather than Tenno Collision specifically would remedy this.

You could probably double the size of the hit box so stuff can be picked up at roughly "arms length" instead it would be alot less frustrating.

Adding a pickup radius rather than Tenno Collision specifically would remedy this.

Isn't that what I said?

+1 on this. It isn't just item pick-ups either lag also affects interaction prompts when reviving and such. I find myself in laggy games shuffling around trying activate an elevator, pick something up, or revive a team member because the player positioning to get interaction prompts is bit too restricted in my opinion.