Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Host Or To Join... That Is The Question!

JLazy

Has this ever happened to you???

All too often when I click on a map to play, I get thrown into some party that's pretty much unplayable because someone is hosting that really shouldn't be hosting at all.  I've played with the 'Matchmaking Ping Limit' options in my settings, however that still doesn't completely prevent getting into a party where I end up lagging into oblivion.

Here's a suggestion:

Create an option for the player to choose either to Host or Join when you click on a map!  Simple, right?!

But wait, let's go a little bit further with this idea...  Everyone who has a void key CANNOT host.  Everyone who hosts a void does not announce that their ability to host sucks.  How about creating an option for the void key holder to Select the Host for the party?  That person's key would still be used, yet everyone wouldn't have to suffer from the guy who is on dial-up with the bare minimum spec requirements to play Warframe in some remote 3rd world country! (no offense if that's you!)

Constructive feedback is welcome.  Please rank up/comment on this idea if you believe it would improve gameplay.  The only way change happens is if we support it.

Edited by JLazy

A number 1 priority in my opinion.

Perhaps it would be fine to have 'host' or 'join' as you suggest.

I was thinking though could that not lead to many people clicking join and finding no games because of no host?

Could there not be some sort of preference where you don't want to host but it will make you host if really needed or there's nobody better.

Edited by Scoosh

Oh don't worry the people that shouldn't be hosting because their computer is cooking on max settings and 10 enemies on screen (no tweaking just max graphics at any cost) while on a 56k modem will be the very ones using the host option all the time xD

I was thinking though could that not lead to many people trying clicking join and finding no games because of no host?

Could there not be some sort of preference where you don't want to host but it will make you host if really needed or there's nobody better.

This.

They said they implented a "I can not host" option to tick once and it lead to what they called "wasteland syndrome". They are however disstatisfied with the current system and if I remember correctly during livestream #15 the words "netcode" and "violent rewrite" were used in conjunction.

So I guess we just have to bear with it a while™ longer.

Edited by Geisterklinge

A number 1 priority in my opinion.

Perhaps it would be fine to have 'host' or 'join' as you suggest.

I was thinking though could that not lead to many people clicking join and finding no games because of no host?

Let's say for instance that 2/3/4 people are waiting to join, no one is hosting... it would be great if the system selected the best viable host out of those waiting to join.

I simply want the option to be able to host when I click a map and anyone who wants to can join... not just friends and clan members.  I do not want to be thrown into an active party unless I choose that option.

Edited by JLazy

If you want to host, use the lowest setting for maximum ping allowed.

Surely enough, it'll be people connecting to you, rather than the other way around.

I've played with the Matchmaking Ping Limit settings only to find that I still connect to players where lag is consistent.  I see nothing wrong with having the option to Host when I want and Join when I want vs. the way it is now.