Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty and the task of balancing this game. Overall simple issues :) Ramble-Main points at the end

ThatGuySnowi

I'll start off by saying i understand DE's decision to remove raids sadly because they are hell to balance. With each new warframe a new set of powers that drastically affect gameplay and the effectiveness of the enemies (e.g. croud control, invisibility, nukes and maybe some other examples im missing).

The games economic plan relies on hype and a lot of people joinning in yearly for a big update and although that may not be optimal, it works as it has shown over the last years.
Since this is probably the only game I would consider spend hours blabbering on its own forum for seemingly no reason I will try my luck.
I think balancing this game (mission wise) should no longer revolve around nerfing or buffing abilities and weapons that much, but restricting the players options (for example you have to stand in this small area that has cover for you, which in turn makes for a more grounded gameplay nerfing your mobility).
Enemies should have variants (eximus) with different models and special interesting abilities (rotating shield around it, metal helmet impervious to bullets, parry mechanics on melee making him a melee counter).
All the ideas stated above benefit the core game in a healthy way without directly affeting the players arsenal, albeit more time consuming for the studio.
Now we enter the DE side of things why would it benefit them to invest in high quality game-changing details when they can simply repeat the routine big lackluster update per year and cash-in, you ask? The problem with this type of marketability is that when a superior recurrent product reaches the market, it no longer competes.
sadly the newfound glory with the plains of Eidolons started this economic perpective when the game has no need for such view. Making mining a repetitive and boring task just for the players to spend plat seems like a mobile system and more and more the players feel this.
"Frustation is often the enviroments fault not the one residing on it."-What I mean by this is if you have a toxic community maybe its the game you made that attracted it, the opposite can be said.
After noticing how much I have ramble I will resort to pointing out major/minor changes that if implemented as the game evolves it will make for a more enjoyable experience.

-Either less focus on the mastery rank and easier to progress or Easier (and faster way) to acquire weapons so that players overall reach new heights and are able to do (hard content)
-After reworking the core game issues you can maybe focus on the story (quests) and i dont think 1 quest every 2 months is a hard task.

-Development on the drop table (I cannot compute how this has not been reworked yet) In a looter shooter theres two main things the gunplay and killing and the loot and I sadly have to say the worst developer in this game is not Scott (much love) but Sheldon if im not mistaken he manages the drop tables.

-More rewards per time investment

-More special events and neutral factions that impact the game (a merchant that can be found while cruising in your railjack would be an awesome example).

-Reworking previous content (sortie rewards 6k kuva is  a joke comparing to what you can get in the NW or SP, also the endo, simple number changes make the players have more fun as wierd as it seems, buff the rewards just do it :D)

-Focusing on moving foward and more team communication (as shown in previous devstreams the team does not seem to the in unison, this would be the greastest step in bettering the game, if theres something ready to launch you probably should if theres a few pieces missing in between that means a major management failure).

-Understanding the players (I would love to get the numbers on this but i assure you if you buffed a frame everytime they get unvaulted or primed I think profits would go up and again a simple number change might be enough)

-Lastly I have to thank you, even though you may miss the target many times you till make the game that keeps me through some things I wish everyone only the best life can offer.

GG

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that rewards should be more lucrative. You cant tell me that spending 20 minutes in a survival just for me to get like 4 relics at best is exciting or anything, and lets not even talk about the base mission rewards( like non fissures or the 10 missions that actually give something on rotations).  Common mods and 2000 credits its a joke cmon.

Also about the faction additions i completely agree, that would make the game much less stale. Not just kill infester scum, grineer monke, or corpus goons.

In general the game feels like that there are only 20 nodes on the star chart and enemies have no souls. The game would be much more exciting if it turns into more of a collecting genre. Some sort of like Vanilla WoW. You see somebody gets something from a certain place and you are like wow, and not oh well 3k creds/relic/mod/some endo here you go "rewards". We need more variety and the game needs to feel rewarding for the time you spend in it and not a chore.

Final words, end game please DE. As a veteran i got pretty much nothing to do day to day in warframe. If it wasnt for my community during my stream I cant see myself spending that much time since i got pretty much nothing to do ( no, more weapons/ sentinels aren't stuff to do but rather a chore you have to do) its more of a podcast and not much of a gameplay. Give us some exciting modes that actually bring the co-op game experience to its glory, challenge modes, new endless missions that actually reward you more the longer you stay, unique rewards for tryhards, idk anything would help.

Archived