Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposition:a New Warframe:zeon?

R4YCH40S

I dont think I'd quite a narrow sense of thinking.Im just thinking realistically,as what it is.

How in the sense that Im quite a narrow minded person just because I think technology can't stimulate magic?Am I so wrong in it?

A narrow sense thinking person won't go as far as improving this proposal for a long time being.

Besides,the art concept is the only thing that's the problem,and I'd already changed it as of the moment.

PS:Don't be so butthurt over such small trivial matters.

This debate's over.

So please go back to the relevant topic as it is.If you had any constructive feedback,please give it to me.

PS2:I would be glad if there's no constructive feedback about my mindset atm.

I think you might have misunderstood my intent. I wasn't trying to insult you, having a narrow mind means you tend to look only forward and that is not a bad thing, but it also isn't bad to have broaden mind to look at different directions and ideas while you move forward.

But that is besides the point, the point being is that this infact a trivial matter and not such a small one at that.

This piece of trivia involves the technology of the game and how your proposal will tie into it. If the powers are too over the top and viewed as mystical. If the design council (btw if you haven't noticed i'm in it as well) discusses about this it will hit a roadblock thus sending it back to you for further adjustments. At most they will only use your concept art (in which you don't have one yet). The frames have to look, feel, and tell that they are in the correct time frame. These Frames were from the orokin era but still far off into the future of real life.

Let me ask you this question then, How do you know if its magic?

Most would say it is something that doesn't happen in real life.

The correct answer would be is that you have never seen it before and do not know how it works nor will you ever will unless you study it.

I'm not denying your opinion that technology can't stimulate magic, but trying to force your opinion on someone else is something entirely different.

I was merely trying to defend Volt_Cruelerz after he gave his opinion about it being Space Ninja's and not Mystic Ninja's. I thought it was unprofessional of you to go off on a tangent and shooting him down for giving you a negative feedback about one of the moves you just reworked. If you are asking for constructive feedback we have to know if you are going to take it well or if you are going to snap at us. If you are going to act that way it feels like I shouldn't waste my time. But I will because I am oblegated to give you some feedback.

but you're right lets get right to the chase.

Refraction- Refracting light and being luminescent is one thing but being able impervious to all attacks is another. From your description it sounds more like lasers from the Corpus will phase through you and thats about it. Doesn't mean you'll be impervious to physical attacks and the Grineer's ballistic weaponry. Not sure if you meant for luminescent to be the factor that makes her invincible but that merely means you are glowing and refracting light would suggest you are in a solid state, such as a prism. I suggest rewording it, i'm sorry to say that I do not know how to reword it without actually taking your skill and changing it abit to fit your frame.

Kaledescope- I would reword your description of it and give it more detail to it. It is better to explain how it works rather than throwing out there that it is a technique and leaving it at that. I would say shards of glass from a prism floating around.

The stats does seem abit overpowering for a move of 50 energy. for each second you are doing 35/45/55. At 35 it doesn't seem that strong but when you rank it up to the limit it feels abit overpowering. 55 damage for 10 seconds means it would do 550 damage on each enemy that is around you. I would tone down the damage if your frame isn't focusing on DPS, I would suggest adding a debuff. Any enemy caught in the attack is slowed just like being frozen. LIke dazed by light as if they were hit by a stun grenade.

Radiance- I honestly would hate seeing a move like this, it sounds powerful but I do not want to see a bright light filling my screen to kill off the enemies. In the game the blood is actually really bright and I don't feel like turning that down each time a Zeon Frame joins the game. I like the bloom, it gives it a beautiful feel to the enviroment. Radial blind is okay cause it is limited to the small area he is in but you make it seem like Radiance will be a very bright light htat would expand across the room to reach the enemies in the room.

PS: I don't want to see something like that again, be prepared for negative feedback as well as they will also give you pointers on how to better yourself.

PPS: Also in your last post, you are comparing Warframe to a game that combines several different video games into one, of course it'll be wacky, but this game is suppose to be set in a distant possible future. All sci fi games like Warframe are set in a distant possible future. It is a good game but that is a bad comparison.

Refraction- Refracting light and being luminescent is one thing but being able impervious to all attacks is another. From your description it sounds more like lasers from the Corpus will phase through you and thats about it. Doesn't mean you'll be impervious to physical attacks and the Grineer's ballistic weaponry. Not sure if you meant for luminescent to be the factor that makes her invincible but that merely means you are glowing and refracting light would suggest you are in a solid state, such as a prism. I suggest rewording it, i'm sorry to say that I do not know how to reword it without actually taking your skill and changing it abit to fit your frame.

Kaledescope- I would reword your description of it and give it more detail to it. It is better to explain how it works rather than throwing out there that it is a technique and leaving it at that. I would say shards of glass from a prism floating around.

The stats does seem abit overpowering for a move of 50 energy. for each second you are doing 35/45/55. At 35 it doesn't seem that strong but when you rank it up to the limit it feels abit overpowering. 55 damage for 10 seconds means it would do 550 damage on each enemy that is around you. I would tone down the damage if your frame isn't focusing on DPS, I would suggest adding a debuff. Any enemy caught in the attack is slowed just like being frozen. LIke dazed by light as if they were hit by a stun grenade.

Radiance- I honestly would hate seeing a move like this, it sounds powerful but I do not want to see a bright light filling my screen to kill off the enemies. In the game the blood is actually really bright and I don't feel like turning that down each time a Zeon Frame joins the game. I like the bloom, it gives it a beautiful feel to the enviroment. Radial blind is okay cause it is limited to the small area he is in but you make it seem like Radiance will be a very bright light htat would expand across the room to reach the enemies in the room.

Regarding Refraction

Abiet of science here:

Refraction is the change of direction in a wave due to a change in its medium.

Deriving from that,she wasn't entirely solid at the moment she activates Refraction.Means she is invulnerable during the state.

Nerfed Kaleidoscope DoT.Thanks for highlighting that out,although I doubt a debuff is a must(for me,mass stagger is quite annoying as well,it interrupts almost majority of enemy actions)

Besides,that debuff is almost similiar to enemies hit by Radial Blind,which was already in for Radiance.

Actually while I was designing that,I was imagining the hybrid of Ember's World on Fire + Exca's Radial Blind.So I don't really know whats the procs and cons for that Ember's ultimate skill mechanics.So in which way it should be upgraded,somewhat?

PS:I would try and rephrase those skills namely Refraction and Kaleidoscope again.

Edited by R4YCH40S

The biological looks is just a reference.LOL.

Lookie here guys,try to submit ur concept arts and lemme have a view of it,it does not need to look very humanely,just pseudohuman would do,as in almost majority of warframes.

But please do match the clothing design as in my appearance description.

Example:Trinity Default face preview in market

Edited by R4YCH40S

Please bear in mind I'm no kind of artist and I tried my best to make it compatible with your original vision. Kinda what I did with it was try to use your original idea as a starting point but I made variations to try to make it fit. First you might notice the "tron lines." I figured they'd glow by default and connect the various nodes from which the light would emanate when using abilities. Generally speaking the lines go under the flesh of the suit, but not in all cases. The shoulder has some manufactured material that the suit has grown into. Likewise, the thing on her forearm is for heat dissipation. The fun thing about lasers is that "they're heat machines that just happen to produce coherent light." Cooling one that would be an effective weapon would be a very difficult process, hence the manufactured venting element that the suit has grown into. The sash around her also acts as cooling tubing for various parts of her and I was kinda thinking that the "bow" you described earlier could be another venting unit on her back. The little mini drawing was a brief sketch of the hand, showing lines going down the length of each finger. Regarding the helmet, the thing on the back of her head would somewhat in all cases but would function as the other nodes would when using abilities. I also tried to give her the deep-set slit eyes like what Ember has.

Once again, I'm not an artist and I did my best to follow your original design.

Zeon_zpscfea7e0a.png

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

That's alryt,you did fine regardless,Im not gonna eat you or anything....

Back onto concept art,it reminds me alot of Chinese origins from Cheongsam.kinda doesn't match the kunoichi design bits but overall aint that bad,I still find myself liking it alot~

The cooling vent gauntlet could be smaller,in my opinion..XD

"Tron lines" is okay with me,as this warframe is light based,so I dont certainly mind that.In my mind,the "tron lines" that glows is because of the cooling mechanism,which is double plus.Just don't overflood it too much and the design shall go very smooth,and oh,I'd prefer if you could use the bottom right as the frame's head =D

I might come up with somethg too,lol,probably bout that Shrine Helm design myself.And also might be a picture of the authentic warframe

PS:Loli alert!

• 2 weeks later...

What about a warframe based on hologrames called wraith ?

Not applicable.....We'd Decoys ady for that.So very sorry.

Also you're goin far off the topic.Please stay on topic TYVM.

Edited by R4YCH40S

=_=|||

Are you kidding me?This isn't a thread for sharing jokes...it's a thread for idea sharing.

Sorry,but I really dunno what you try to mean by that,and also please do try give any comments on this proposal if any users do post here.

That is all.