Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Didn't Rank Up To Silver Initiate

skydevil10

Question

I finally got my exp enough to get me close to Silver Initiate and it said I have to do a test to rank up. I had to wait a couple of hours so i did that and I then continued on with the test. I successfully completed the mission and when I got back, I wasn't silver initiate, i'm still lvl 1 and when I try to go see if I did it, it said I had to wait another day to do it again. I need some help, is this suppose to happen? Do I need to do anything else? I can't find anything about this anywhere, maybe i'm not looking hard enough but I just want some answers. I'm alittle confused. I've been working hard to try and get to lvl 2 and to see it all waste down and I have to wait another day again just seems disheartening.

11 answers to this question

The only thing that could have done that is a bug or failing the mission. Did the timer run out? Did you sit down and Lotus say something like "well done", "mission complete", "congratulations you are now a ________"<--next rank?

This test was done in a white area right, where you had to kill all the enemies? Just making sure it's the right one.

Unless they finally changed the rank up missions, that was not the mission to rank up. (I may have outdated information, but I haven't read or see anything new about the ranking up missions. Sorry if this is wrong)

On the screen with all the planets, did you click on your profile/stats in the top left hand corner? If you had enough exp to rank up, it should have popped up a box saying somewhere along the lines "You have enough exp to rank up, would you like to take the test now?" Then yes or no. Did that pop up?

Edited by FateZero

Unless they finally changed the rank up missions, that was not the mission to rank up. (I may have outdated information, but I haven't read or see anything new about the ranking up missions. Sorry if this is wrong)

On the screen with all the planets, did you click on your profile/stats in the top left hand corner? If you had enough exp to rank up, it should have popped up a box saying somewhere along the lines "You have enough exp to rank up, would you like to take the test now?" Then yes or no. Did that pop up?

Yeah I saw it, I clicked on it and told me I qualified, I said yes and then I saw a exclamation point on one of the planets though. After I finished that mission I couldn't do the test anymore. If it was a kill mission why did it let me do that and why can't I do the test again?

I'm level 3 and all my rank up missions are as described before. The white area, you start in a circle and kill all the mobs that appear. After your finished the Tenno sits down and Lotus says your rank has increased. The exclamation dots you talked about are alert missions, nothing to do with rank, directly i mean.

I'm level 3 and all my rank up missions are as described before. The white area, you start in a circle and kill all the mobs that appear. After your finished the Tenno sits down and Lotus says your rank has increased. The exclamation dots you talked about are alert missions, nothing to do with rank, directly i mean.

If thats the case how come I can't do the test then? I didn't do any mission like that and I can't take it until the next day.

Hmm, I suggest waiting to retake it again and if it still doesn't work, send in a support ticket/post in the bug section. (You might want to post in the bug section either way, to help DE fix this before some other unlucky people get it too)

Yea i'll do that, I posted in here cause I thought I did something wrong, didn't want to put it out that its a bug when it isn't or something like that.

like the mission warns; "if you fail the test, you must wait to take it again." i assume that cancelling to do an Alert mission would count as a failure.

tho, "not until tomorrow" is a lighter penalty than i thought.. i figured it would actually kick your xp bar down a bit to block you from it.