Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grakata: Crit Weapon Or Not?

DAttila

Considering resources and mastery required, Soma should be powerful compared to Grakata,

but it wouldn't hurt to add some twist so that players can choose between Grakata and Soma.

Here's the idea

1.Change the Crit rate of Grakata to 25-30%.

2.Switch the recoil of Soma and Grakata.

1. will boost the damage output of Grakata to some useful level, but still far less compared to Soma.

2. will make Soma more of a LMG while giving Grakata accuracy that compensate for damage output gap

by making shots to weak spots easier. 

Grakata Acc is equal to Soma  23.3   with Stabilizer mod and the currupted mod  Grakata can compete with Soma on every turn. the only things that really Grakata need is crits,   25% at 170+ crit rate or 30% at 145%   i can live with both of them + it seem proper for Lv0 mastry rank. i don't mind the base damage but surely i want it in endgame.

read the post ABOVE yours.

People are getting obsessed with single bullet damage and forget that not one player has ever managed to get 1 shot off from the Grakata, I personally have managed 3 from the Soma, but i don't know about anyone else.

So i calculated basic DPS.

This is before reload speeds, mag cap etc. though. Although they would work out pretty much even anyway, mabie 2 seconds difference over a full weapon in favor of the soma, but that is with 600 odd shots.

you know its not just basic damage, crit chance and crit damage. alot more stuff plays a roll in it 

for example the reload speed and accuracy of the weapon. its not like the grakata can achieve 100% crit and have the same accuracy and stability like soma plus if your talking about a rank 0 weapon i dont even think noobs actualy use it to say that its even good i can understand that its a rank 0 weapon but even for that rank the braton is better so really no point in actualy using the grakata. the grakata might be a crit weapon but you cant compare the soma to it since a soma is more of a high tier gun for the higher rank people for reaching the end game lvls. i think it should get a buff to be more useful to the new players because i dont think noobs would put any effort into a gun they know will be very bad. 

i hear alot of people saying think of the whole thing not just one aspect. but i see them only looking at its dps and not thinking what it should really be for. since the grakata is suppose to be one of the weapons u can start your game with. i think it should get a buff not to make it op but to be more better to new players since not alot of them will have those mods all of u guys have.

There is a serious problem with the Braton series for beginners tho. As soon as you leave Mercury (or go past 10 min in Appolodorus) the Bratons will be dealing around 3 dmg after removing shields. To make the Bratons viable they need Serration, and you will be swimming in crit MODs before you can get your Serration unless you are very, very, extremely lucky. So in summary, for beginners, it is 1000 times easier to get some mileage out of crits with the Grakatta than suffer the 3 dmg per shot of the Bratons.

Of course, if you have Serration, the Bratons will serve you better.

Will you really be swimming in crit mods? 

The last known drop table says that rifle crit damage doesn't show up until Prod Crewman in Venus, and even then it is likely very rare. 

At base stats the Grak has a 15% chance to deal double damage. In other words, a 15% chance to deal 2 points less than the braton. 

Even with Point Strike, which is relatively obtainable, you're hitting 37.5% chance for double. 

Grakata with max Point Strike has 247.5 dps, 

Braton with nothing has 227.5 dps. 

Essentially the Grakata with max point Strike is a sidegrade to the Braton with nothing. Slightly higher dps, but much worse ammo economy. 

And because the Braton still has higher base damage it will receive more benefit from the more common elemental damage mods. 

It'd probably be easier for new players to team up and nab a serration from scorpions in Apollodorus before they find the crit damage mods they need to make the Grakata better than the Braton.