Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash - Blade Storm Feedback

herflik

I didnt play the game for a while to see what the updates will bring. Its good to see that the bladestorm dont bug out anymore (for me at least), except for the failling thru walls in some jumps.

Though the Blade Storm ability by description sounded as something much more awesome than it looks currently.

I think I know what need to change to give the "feel" to the ability, also it would remove bugs and the failling thru floor problem easly.

The current Blade Storm is like that:

1) It got area of effect with is increase per level of the ability

2) It got maximum number of target it can hit, also increase per level.

The problems that I see:

1) It lack the feel of really strong ability, the ultimate.

2) It looks weird and clumsy/stiff.

3) It sometimes take so much time that you actualy loose on the DPS.

My suggestion is simple... speed it up alot. Currently one attack/teleport takes like 2 second, in my opinion it should take around 0.5sec per target or even less. Such speed would look powerfull and would surely look much more cooler than now. WIth such speed you wouldnt have time to fall thru ground either. Additionaly instead of giving maximum number of targets, increase the ability dmg per level and AOE only. Make it last 4sec max, so its somewhat also max targets with would be 8-16 depending on the speed of ability (0.5sec- 0.25sec per jump). Maybe 5 sec max with the 0.5sec per jump, so 10 targets. But imo I would first go for 0.33sec per target and 4sec, so 12 targets.

With such speed animation could be worked on, angles of attack and most important, the stand still animations would be totally removed, they kill the feel of the ability currently.

So make the stats like that:

1) Static speed, 12 targets, attack/teleport per 0.33sec for 4sec

2) AOE depending on level (like now)

3) Damage depending on level (around 600-900-1200 dmg)

Have you ever played DOTA 2?

There's two caracters that have ability's like Ash's ultimate, Fire Spirit and Juggernaut.

Valve keeps their animations "Clean" looking by making the attack and teleportation sequence no longer than 0.4 seconds per enemy.

And it basically acheives everything you said.

So I for one Support this idea as stated, with every fibre of my being.

Kudos to you sir.

*salutes*

Edited by Squidaga