Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ballistica - Charge Shot Queueing And Charge Canceling

NikolaiLev

As a preface, this isn't intended to be a balance thread; it pertains to a quality-of-life suggestion regarding the Ballistica.

Currently, it's a little obnoxious to fire consecutive charge shots with the Ballistica, because if you press too early after you've released a bolt, you will never charge up.  While it's fair to have a delay before another round can be charged (this is a balancing factor after all), if you press the mouse during that delay it should "queue" the charge shot, starting the charge when that delay ends.

Something else I'd like to see is a buffer time for canceling a shot with the reload key; when you charge a shot, you can press the reload key and the weapon will not reload, but merely cancel it.  Pressing reload again will obviously reload the weapon.  However, if you're charging a shot and hold the reload button for, say, .50 seconds (arbitrary) it would reload immediately.  It'd be just slightly slower to reload from a charged shot, but I'm not sure that's such a big drawback because the situations where you'd need that speed don't seem terribly common.

A Paris shot is easy to cancel with the reload key; however, trying to do so with the Ballistica will often result in an undesired reload.  While you can cancel a charge by rolling, I feel it'd be more elegant to simply implement a buffer as mentioned above, as you wouldn't need to adjust positioning and waste stamina just to cancel the reload.