Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolons PoE (vs. Cambion Drift CD)

Kakoii-is-cool

Recently got into Eidolon Hunting and im having a great amount of fun. Finally can farm my own arcanas etc. and when i was researching stuff in the wiki i stumbled upon having the arcana blueprints being removed and along with it the neccesity for ressources. Im a great fan of hunting and crafting for myself and i found myself quiet disappointed at the fact that all it takes is hand in Sentient Cores to get big upgrades (arcana) for your amp / operator. Lets do this by notes:

1) Majority of Plains of Eidolon resources are not used anymore except for one time events:
a) Building your Archwing Launcher
b) Ranking up
c) Minority of Minerals got "recycled" to be used in Cambion Drift mineral recipes, now that sounds negative, but i actually really like this idea !!! i just dont like the fact that the minerals
before this didnt get much love...

==> Fishing ??? Open world ressources??? normal eidolon shards ??? majority of minerals ???
==> Please return the usefulness of ressources in PoE!

2) Eidolon hunts are too powerful, theyre a full course meal removing the neccesity to do anything else in PoE
Eido Hunt main point is irrefutiably focus conversion, arcanas were nice loot on the side and if it wasnt for arcane energize / arcane guardian, people wouldnt really touch eidolons much anymore after they maxxed out focus, its a neccesary evil to keep up the hunt, because i too, would like for people to continue doing eido hunts, however...
Insane amount of Rep with BOTH PoE & Quills, arcanas on the loot table, arcanas on the reputation shop, AMP upgrades and Operator cosmetics
Might as well create a mini PoE, remove everything and only have Eidolons stomping around...

==> Blueprints for arcanas were better, because they didnt trivialize the whole plains ressources, compared to just giving them out for free (sentient cores are being amassed anyhow)
==> Make the BPs a big one time rep. purchase per arcana that is infinite and bring something more frequently useful into the quills stores much like vitus essence offers kuva etc.

3) Loot table from bounties is horrible and doesnt corrospond to time invested
a) Fortuna & PoE is grindy as hell, but at least i feel somewhat achieved from ranking up, compared to cambion drift where i do 1 bounty and am maxed on standing
b) Ratio of rare rewards compared to CD is inhumane, leave alone rare rewards from CD are horrendous...
CD's new approach with tokens is perfect and should be used in PoE and Fortuna as well, however the amount gained needs to be tuned down severly...
it allows the player to choose to go on a rep-grind to provide for the next days while still not letting him max out in a day, i really wish i could do the same with other PoE / Fortuna
the ratio: 1 bounty for PoE 4-6k vs 1 bounty for CD 100-150 mother tokens ==> 10k - 15k standing            t u n e    i t     d o w n    p l e a s e
c) loot table itself, in PoE theres pretty much 3-4 mods which every person wants to own because theyre core mods for most WFs or weapons and the rest is mostly trash,
CD has even less to offer but at least they give you a reasonable amount of kuva / endo as a "common" reward and you will actually make use of that... (debateable if its reasonable
but at least its useful to the player..)
example: i farmed minimum 50 bounties for augur seeker / vigilante supplies and i have yet to get it, now the reason this pisses me off is not how incredibly unlucky i am, what annoys me
the most is, that i go to cambion drift, run 5 bounties and get 4 quassus blueprints (rare reward)!!!! wheres the ratio? The worst part is that quassus BP is worthless and cant even be sold
compared to PoEs rare mods.... even the uncommon rewards in CD bring about more plat than the rare rewards..

==>Adjust PoE common rewards more towards CD and adjust CDs rare rewards more towards PoE
==> Introduce a token system into PoE/Fortuna and reduce the amount to match the current standing gain, also adjust CD to rewards 50% less mother tokens...  (not even 2 weeks and im done with this big content patch.. wth)

4) CD is lacking endgame content like PoE Eidolons and Fortunas Profit Taker etc.
the vaults do not make up for this, once youre done you turn your back to this and never come back, sadly

Im really bummed to see when old content gets abolished when the idea was perfect, i mean, you couldve simply made it 1-time purchase BP and reduced ressource costs slightly to adjust it more to the players without completely removing a huge chunk of gameplay, even that is mostly hunter-gatherer work, you couldve rewarded these ressources as bonus much like you do nowadays in railjacks after all so people have a choice to farm normal bounties (non eidolon!) or wanne go out n mine
It is most natural to welcome changes that reduce my time investment to obtain sick loot, but theres a breaking point in where my happy hormones will not get triggered if i just get it for free...

Archived