The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Rework For Survival

lautalocos

please read, this is not a super complicated rework, it´s just a rework so that all warframes are equally good at survival.

this is just how i would like to see survival work, maybe it is better and maybe it isn´t.

right now, because of the oxygen system in survival, you have to hunt for enemies non-stop to survive. you too have a timer saying how much you survived, and that is what decides your reward at the end of the mission.

because you are suppoused to kill lots of enemies the faster you can, warframes with powerfull AOE abilities are really good at these missions, while stealth warframes, and warframes which don´t have high damage abilities are not so good at these missions.

my idea for survival is to, first of all, get rid of the oxygen mechanic. it makes warframes, like loki, with abilities that are not meant to kill directly, or take preparation, not very usefull.

but without oxygen, isn´t the timer exploitable? couldn´t players just go to a far away place of the map without enemies?

well, my idea to fix that would be to make the rewards not time based, but kill based. as an example, instead of 15 minutes for a tower key, what about killing 500 enemies (probably more)?

this would make every warframe viable for survival.

but this has a problem.  maybe the missions would end up being a  lot like defense, except that you aren´t stuck with defending a inmovile thing, and takes away the movement of the game, that by DE was suppoused to be one of the selling points of the game.

You are basically suggesting a variation about extermination. Oxygen mechanics is what puts survival aspect into survival mission.
The point is not to suit mission for a frame but frame for a mission - they are nothing more then tools - you pick stealthy frames for stealthy missions.

I like survival very much as it is. It is easily my favorite game mode. That is not to say, however, that I wouldn't like to see variations of existing game types. Your kill count survival idea is not terrible, but I will refute a few points above because I'm here.

Loki is prob not in the top 4 survival frames, but he does have a skill set that makes him usable. Radial disarm is a good cc/de-buff, stealth allows him to run for ls, and decoy and switch can be used effectively as well. Team synergy is important at high levels, 4x AoE nukes is certainly not the best option. All frames when used correctly have something to offer coop play (except Ash imo). 

All things considered removing oxygen and time from survival in favor of a kill count does not seem like an improvement, and it would actually exacerbate your concerns and make non-offensive frames less relevant.

I like survival very much as it is. It is easily my favorite game mode. That is not to say, however, that I wouldn't like to see variations of existing game types. Your kill count survival idea is not terrible, but I will refute a few points above because I'm here.

Loki is prob not in the top 4 survival frames, but he does have a skill set that makes him usable. Radial disarm is a good cc/de-buff, stealth allows him to run for ls, and decoy and switch can be used effectively as well. Team synergy is important at high levels, 4x AoE nukes is certainly not the best option. All frames when used correctly have something to offer coop play (except Ash imo). 

All things considered removing oxygen and time from survival in favor of a kill count does not seem like an improvement, and it would actually exacerbate your concerns and make non-offensive frames less relevant.

i can see your point, but i think it could actually make non-attack warframes more usable. because of the lack of a timer rushing you (oxygen) you can take your time to kill your enemies.

they could also add stealth to the mix. when you activate the alarm, enemies rush to the place, but if you get away from everyone (some place above everything) you could go unnoticed and snipe everything from affar.

Edited by lautalocos