Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-drive races: Visual communication suggestions

Uraxz

WHY

Normally I do not partake in the K-drive related races, but because of Yareli, the related quest (much to my dismay) had

me once again back into the (what still feels like a) lacking/incomplete gamemode.

But, I want to bring forth a suggested solution to one of the issues that I have with the K-drive race/ timed race.

In this instance: Visual communication during races:

SUGGESTIONS (2)

Map: Icons

nYMsfCG.jpg

0. Immediate checkpoint - Filled center

(Subsequent 'Variant's are assumed 'next checkpoint' different potential options)

1. Variant - Empty center (with 0. taking the role as 'immediate checkpoint', the old icon would serve well as 'next checkpoint', perhaps a cold-purple instead of hot-purple)

2. Variant - Slightly transparent (Perhaps to hard to see/spot as 'next checkpoint')

3. Variant - Hollow center (Perhaps to hard to see/spot as 'next checkpoint')

World:

oyEpcJ9.jpg

Inside 'immediate checkpoint' a 3D arrow would point in the direction of the 'next checkpoint', giving the player a heads-up without having the eyes leave the world for the mini-map.

The 'next checkpoint' sphere could be a "grayed out" (cold-purple) version of the 'immediate checkpoint' without an arrow--

or if the directing arrow from the 'immediate checkpoint' is enough; the 'next checkpoint' sphere could be optional (alternate version has a clearer depiction of the 'next checkpoint').

Alternate world version (edit: 08d-07m-2021y added alternate version of in-world visualization)

jOE6MCy.jpg

Light-pillar emitting from both the 'immediate' and 'next' sphere about 10-20~40m upwards. With this alternate version, the arrow could be optional.

SUMMARY (edit: 08d-07m-2021y added Summary segment)

• Map icon separation between immediate and subsequent checkpoints.
  • In-world visualization of direction without using mini-map.
  • In-world darkened upcoming checkpoint

Hope this is of some use,

Uraxz

Archived