Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Separate The Roll Action Again

Azure_Kytia

(Moved from 6.4 Hotfixes thread because colourpicker outrage)

After playing again for quite a while with these new fixes, I must say the biggest issue I've personally experienced is now the loss of the sole roll button. I do a lot of (attempted) stealth runs, and I seem to just run into issues.

I understand that collecting the Sprint and Roll buttons into the one button is good and feasible for controllers, with their limited inputs. However I don't believe it should be strictly enforced on a keyboard. After the undocumented "V" to roll was removed, I instantly bound V to the Sprint/Roll action, and there is a large difference in their behaviour when compared to how the action used to perform. Since the Sprinting action occurs after you press for a quarter of a second, many times I find myself getting the incorrect action as to what I desire.

Having to constantly make sure you don't accidentally press the button for a fraction too long really detracts from the whole environment, as you're brought back into reality, battling with the controls to do something that should be second nature. For this reason I humbly request that you reconsider splitting up those two actions to two separate keybinds.

As a Primary key, Shift works excellently as the Sprint/Dodge button when standing upright, but when crouching, pressing Ctrl + Shift together when your hand is also focused on WASD is no easy feat. V (or even C) is much easier to press with your thumb than it is trying to lay your pinky finger flat across two keys whilst still maintaining dexterity in your other fingers.

TL;DR, please allow the Roll command to be separately keybound, again. even if it has no keybind as default.

keep left shift as sprint, if you want. forget how to divide a fraction and push/tap the V key, or any key you set the 2nd key as, for roll.

there is a toggle crouch slot in the key bind list also, set it as whatever key, then you can tap shift or the 2nd option for roll.

for anything, sprinting, sliding, wallrunning, i have had finger pains holding ctrl and shift so i tilt the keyboard.

I do prefer being able to hold down the crouch button, as opposed to just pressing it when I want to crouch and stop.

I have already tried this, however it just feels much less intuitive than if I were to hold down the crouch key for as long as I want to do so. The thing about this is, you shouldn't need to have finger pains with default keybinds just to get your WarFrame to do what you want it to do.