Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Vs Soma: The Car Vs The Hotdog

tomikpo22

well i dont know what you did in your personal calculations. but now i can say bot fully moded soma is better than supra. only because of crit damage multiplication

10 * (1+1,65+1,65) * 1,9 = 81,7 this includes Serration, Heavy Caliber and Split Chamber, 3 mods so far

Crit change: 0,35 * (1+1,5) = 0,875 (87,5%)

Crit multiplier: 3 * (1+1,2) = 6,6

Avg damage per shot with crit: 81,7*(1 - 0,875) + 81,7*0,875*6,6 = 482,03 (those 3 mods + 2 crit mods, 5 mods at this point)

Then AP mod+Cryo+Base dmg: 482,03*0,6 + 482,03*0,9 + 482,03 = 1205,075 dmg per shot, 7 mods now

Finally Shred, 8th mod and final burst DPS before reload: (15*1,3)*1205,075 = 23498 dps as and example.

• 1 month later...

Not the newest discussion, but worthy of a bump:    "PLEASE, BUFF SUPRA"

I love SOMA, but expected a lot more from Supra, simply for pretending to be something so special (clan dojo, rank requirement, building costs and so on). Fact is, Supra feels great, really, like it should shred the heck out of anything in its way, especially large groups. But it doesn't. I've upgraded it, hooked up all the mods it would take to let the SOMA mow down an army... but one step away from Mercury and you loose faith in the power of laser-light, hehe. Such a pity.

DE: Please, figure out a balanced but determined way to buff the Supra. Please don't take any more away from the Soma, though. It felt like it has been nerfed quite a bit already.

Again, it is such fun in terms of sound, look and wickedness, but Supra's damage doesn't do justice to its superficial traits of joy.

Edited by Taronium

Aside from comparing the Supra to the Soma, we should compare the Supra to the Gorgon for a moment. The crit chance for the Gorgon is 10% and the status chance for it is 5% as well. However, both the crit chance and the status chance for the Supra is 2.5% chance. Also, don't forget that the Gorgon is a hit-scan weapon.  I'm sorry, but when a low level Mastery weapon becomes a viable alternative to a more expensive and higher level clan weapon, we have some issues here. 

DE: Please, figure out a balanced but determined way to buff the Supra. Please don't take any more away from the Soma, though. It felt like it has been nerfed quite a bit already.

I strongly agree with this. It's time to stop nerfing weapons and start working on buffing the weapons that had no chance to be useful before in the game. (This is not just for the Supra, this could also include weapons like the Embolist as well) 

The Soma, at it's current stage, outperform its competition way too much.

I do agree with buffing the weapon that had no chance to be useful, but at the same time, it is illogical to "balance" out weak weapons when Soma is so obviously a step above and behind the rest of the rifle categories in terms of damage output and ease of use.

I strongly agree with this. It's time to stop nerfing weapons and start working on buffing the weapons that had no chance to be useful before in the game. (This is not just for the Supra, this could also include weapons like the Embolist as well) 

Edited by Innosin

well i still use both soma and supra, both is fun weapon

soma is really good, but that shooting sound blast my ear drum(yeah this on of her downside) and always good to see that yellow color damage(well not often as it used to be but it's fun).

supra no as prime after soma appear, but i still love supra because that Energy Laser Rain spreading from my Supra! also i can showing off either other people in squad understand it or not(i don't care, i like showing my supra with laser rain LOL yeah!)

oh remember i don't comparing Both just telling i love and having fun from both gun..(this is serious)

cheers!