The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Rifle To Use In General Situations?

Alcadiac

Question

100% the Braton Vandal. If you have it that is >_> It deals decent damage and has great accuracy making it a reliable weapon in most situation. It can't compete with the Gorgon damage wise but the Gorgon has really terrible accuracy. (The 100 accuracy in stats is 100% false) No comment on the Boltor, haven't used. Those 3 are practically the only rifles you should consider for most situation. I suppose a Latron is decent but the dps is quite poor.

100% the Braton Vandal. If you have it that is >_> It deals decent damage and has great accuracy making it a reliable weapon in most situation. It can't compete with the Gorgon damage wise but the Gorgon has really terrible accuracy. (The 100 accuracy in stats is 100% false) No comment on the Boltor, haven't used. Those 3 are practically the only rifles you should consider for most situation. I suppose a Latron is decent but the dps is quite poor.

Boltor is pretty much like Gorgon for long range >.> hits everything except the target itself lol

i think it's more accurate than Gorgon, sill able to predict where the bolts will go (need to do the click like burst weapon instead) thus, Vandal shred the long range target faster

so i'd go with either Vandal, or Boltor

but Vandal seems to be more well-balanced overall

Edited by Adagio

Boltor is pretty much like Gorgon for long range >.> hits everything except the target itself lol

Boltor doesn't lack accuracy. It's actually highly accurate.

The only problem is that it uses heavy bolts, rather than your regular bullets.

Heavy bolts are slow and take time to get to the target. Different physics compared to the Gorgon.

Boltor doesn't lack accuracy. It's actually highly accurate.

The only problem is that it uses heavy bolts, rather than your regular bullets.

Heavy bolts are slow and take time to get to the target. Different physics compared to the Gorgon.

the bolts still spread at long range tho, that's my only problem with Boltor, but i'm loving the damage so far

the bolts still spread at long range tho, that's my only problem with Boltor, but i'm loving the damage so far

I don't really mind the accuracy, since I mainly like to be face-to-face. or at least at close quarters.

The thing I love about the Boltor is when it pins enemies to walls.

I don't really mind the accuracy, since I mainly like to be face-to-face. or at least at close quarters.

The thing I love about the Boltor is when it pins enemies to walls.

ermh i'm pointing it out to the thread starter tbh,

try to pin one to a spining fan at meteor base mission lol

Edited by Adagio

Definitely the Vandal from what I've seen, my only problem is that I run out of ammo almost every mission, especially against bosses. Pretty much have to take ammo packs with me or I'm screwed.

Try switching to your secondary or using your melee more often.

Trust me, by the time you get to the boss, you'll have plenty of ammo.

And don't forget to burst or tap. It's good to save ammo because if you spray like a nut-job, you'll end up missing a bunch.

Definitely the Vandal from what I've seen, my only problem is that I run out of ammo almost every mission, especially against bosses. Pretty much have to take ammo packs with me or I'm screwed.

Try switching to your secondary or using your melee more often.

Trust me, by the time you get to the boss, you'll have plenty of ammo.

And don't forget to burst or tap. It's good to save ammo because if you spray like a nut-job, you'll end up missing a bunch.

Ammo boxes are always amazing.

Vandal, hands down. But without that, then boltor isn't too bad, if you get used to the projectile speed. The normal Braton isn't too shabby either, though I prefer boltor over it. Latron is also possible as general purpose if you are good with your aim, but kinda hard.