The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

:: Account Reset On Warframes Ps4 Release? Yes/no? ::

KamaNightfire

^

During the Closed and early Open Beta you had an option to " Reset " your account , wiping it of ALL modifications/credits/resources/weapons/gears/frames/profile statistics and so forth, logging in would introduce the tutorial just as a fresh account would normally have gone through. The only exception was that ANY bought platinum on the account was returned in Full and you kept your Username. This allowed people whom bought things during the Beta to make a better investment the 2nd time around.

The option was removed in August, with a few months heads up on it's removal.

My question is this to the community, would you be opted to allow for a free or " limited " platinum cost reset during Warframes release onto the PS4?

Several different rules would have to be set in place just as the Optional Reset had before it's removal.

- Those whom had donated Platinum-based materials into an existing Clan WOULD NOT be able to use this reset to prevent abuse.

-Those whom had already reset once before when it was available SHOULD be given the option again, with a small cost if needed.

- Platinum that was bought on the account SHOULD be refunded, if at least a portion of the total amount.

- Founders and Open/Closed Beta weaponry SHOULD be kept upon the wipe with reset Ranks, same as the last reset. Promotional Skins or Weaponry is DE's choice.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind this should be OPTIONAL, it is not something that can be done without your consent!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Since DE is planning to merge both PS4 and PC Warframe players to play together, this would give existing players an incentive to grind out lower level missions as they start fresh, giving the new addition PS4 players more information and help from veterans. This would also make the early maps of Warframe flooded with plenty of parties and the sort for players to play with.

I for one would adore the option to reset again when Warframe is released for the PS4. Give me new incentive to start the grind again. I don't mind starting over, I just want to keep my username.

What does everyone else think of such an idea, for DE to give an option to reset again on Warframe's " Official " release?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please explain your reason as to why you would or would not approve of this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Edit : Seems putting up GIFs to represent Yes/No/Maybe is frowned upon, whatever.*

Edited by Hermaphrodite

PS4 has nothing to do with PC, so no thanks.

I like how you're fishing for compliments/upvotes. This is not reddit.

Never was , a visual representation of total likes/dislike/unsure for the thread.

Like how you edited your post after you saw them removed, giving you a reason to type that sentence.

Anyhow, topic!

I'm afraid you might have missed the boat, but cross platform accounts between PS4 and PC looks like it won't be a go thanks to the problems with not being able to push updates on PS4 in a timely manner.  You'll get a 1 time migration, but contractually they're not allowed to move *any* plat over from the PC platform to the PS4 one.  So an account reset would just get you...  nothing but a new account on the PS4 version.

What people have asked for, and I think is a neat idea for people who don't have everything yet, is a good sale before the PS4 version launch so people can spend down their plat before hopping over.  It's a decent idea, but remains to be seen if that'll happen.

Why get a reset on the PC version because PS4 launch exactly? I'm not following the logic.

What does the PS4 launch have to do with having people interested in running the new content?

PS4 wont always be in sync with the PC version, there wont always be cross platform play. The whole point of the origonal reset was to allow for people to experience the game post mega huge and sweeping changes after an extended period of time in very very early beta (damn near alpha) state.

There's nothing stopping players from popping a Forma and going through the low end content, and there will be a huge influx in players regardless.

Edited by Bakim0n0

I don't think it's going to happen man because you can't transfer your plat over to PS4 if you clone your account.  Unless you are looking for just a PC account reset?  Well I'd say they likely still won't since cross platform seems like it'll be super sporadic so I don't see a huge impact of vets on console newbies. 

I'm afraid you might have missed the boat, but cross platform accounts between PS4 and PC looks like it won't be a go thanks to the problems with not being able to push updates on PS4 in a timely manner.  You'll get a 1 time migration, but contractually they're not allowed to move *any* plat over from the PC platform to the PS4 one.  So an account reset would just get you...  nothing but a new account on the PS4 version.

What people have asked for, and I think is a neat idea for people who don't have everything yet, is a good sale before the PS4 version launch so people can spend down their plat before hopping over.  It's a decent idea, but remains to be seen if that'll happen.

I was talking about PC players getting the option to reset to play alongside PS4 players, not to reset to make a PS4 account :o

You clearly didn't watch the recent livestream in which they mentioned when patches align you can play/transfere your account from one system to the other.

I did not, I might have if I didn't need a Facebook account to chat, and if it wasn't 2 hours of rambling with a few useful tid-bits of information :P

I did not, I might have if I didn't need a Facebook account to chat, and if it wasn't 2 hours of rambling with a few useful tid-bits of information :P

its on youtube...

And it's like an hour....also they've been a lot better with rapidly answering questions and staying on topic since primetime started after people complained about too much goofing.