Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Braton Vandal Question

EagleRise

Not really. The way you earn something dose not have to reflect any sort of jump in power, nor dose it really do so in Warframe anyway(mostly due to all the power creep since U8). As for the worth/effort part, read below.

A. You are not the entire player base, and conforming to your attitude is/would be extremely toxic for the long term health of the game.

B. 25 missions is nowhere near "not worth a skin", especially considering other benefits that came with it, and the fact that you're getting an exclusive item, for doing what you'd do anyway.

C. Acknowledging an achievement with any sort of reward always feels good, even if the reward is useless. See: achievement systems in games.

The skin is your trophy, it gives you the prestige and bragging rights that come with having something others can't/don't. See: Excalibur Prime.

My statement is that they should be cosmetic, if that means buffing them to match the original, I am fine with that.

I'm not a nerf natzi, I'm a sidegrade style balance natzi. Learn the difference.

You can't really speak for the entire player base either. Some people like myself need a reason to do that many missions for something so small. ( find a simple reskin to be small this is just me, especially a simple reskin to a bad weapon) Like I said, some people are gonna want more than just a reskin. If a reskin is the best you can do, better throw some other goodies in there to make it sound more appealing. I won't be ignorant and say this past big event would have failed if they made the weapons simple reskins but I can be pretty sure there would have been fewer people that would have cared about the tier II rewards if they were just reskins. (me being one of them) so I won't speak for everyone, but if you think making sidegrades for everything in the game is gonna help the longevity of this game...I wouldn't be so sure.Power creep isn't the best thing for the game  but making sidegrades for everything probably isn't the answer either.. There would be little to no progression with that kind of system in this game. I respect your opinion but sidegrades is something I wouldn't get behind. This is just a honest opinion. I don't know what the correct answer is to balance out the weapons but power creep and sidegrades I think is a no no.

• 1 month later...

I own one but its just taking up space, why cant you reward your long term players devs, we have been here for ages and it kinda make me sad that I have a gun like this and its not even worth using unless I put 6 forma in and then I may aswell just do that to my soma or any of the other 20 odd weapons I currently own

• 1 month later...

It does need a buff... Badly...

How in the name of all things holy did you find this thread?

UPDATED STATS

HPQB0A2.jpg

It got buffed. Don't say it too loudly, or people might want it nerfed again. 

The slash damage is nice.

FDTeLkF.jpg

Edited by BraveDude8

Wow, I remember this thread...

While I feel that slash damage is all but useless, having a base combined damage of 24 vs 18 on the regular Braton makes elemental builds stronger and worth doing. The status chance is also doubled, and the slightly-faster reload actually is noticeable (it's kind of like always having a fast hands equipped, lol).

I don't use it much these days, but the Braton Vandal is actually in an okay place right now, and I hope it stays in a similar spot.