Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack really needs a re-evaluation, especially Corpus missions

Stafelund

I really like Railjack, it seems like it has lots of potential and would love to have more things that you can do with your ship or have more proximas to explore but oh dear the bugs!
In my experience bugs frequently appear more in RJ compared to normal gameplay. Orphix. Plus the enemies' levels and consistency are all over the place. And the questionable reward system, highlit by Ash's parts.

So in Grineer we have strong enemies in general, and compared to Corpus they seem to be better and just do the same thing they do on normal gameplay, except their levels are a bit off. Corpus, is where it gets wonky and I've actually encountered most of bugs there that has existed since. But first, the corpus enemies. They're as pesky as the trenchers and shockwave MOAs in Orb Vallis, but they don't have knockdown which is good. Instead, you'll get heat, cold and shock procs and weird stats. Luckily, two of these can be countered by certain two arcanes, if you have the plat to spare around 20 plat each can give you a max level of those in the market.

One thing you can see from them is the Polaris and the Culveri variant MOAs seem like they can take more punishment than the other mooks or MOA cousins that you'll encounter, like the Railgun and Disc for example. Culveris' heat ray works like Atomos too so imagine how that works. Aurax Vertec, corpus' counterpart of heavy gunner can shred your health in most cases.

The Shield Ospreys, as a support unit doesn't feel right to have the annoying lightning attack. It was present on the Oxium ospreys, and it fit them like a glove. Why not have them here as well and give them that attack? The attack is no slouch too, can drain your health/shields fast, and the electricity proc can be really damaging. It might be just be me but it seems like they have inconsistent range.

Last but not the least, the Raknoids. Annoying missile barrage that goes twice, then reloads. What's annoying is these things appear often and when they fire you have no chance to avoid it, though it shares the same problem as the Grineer Bombards. Seriously, why did DE design their missiles this way? As soon as they fire there's a low chance you'll be able to evade it.  And if you do, instead of feeling rewarded and skilled even if you do so, you'll sigh out of relief more since their missiles are unavoidable most of the times. They give the Revenants from Doom a run for their money and I think people who played Doom II will know what I mean. But yeah, these raknoids are worse than the bombards IMO since they seem to appear often and have more salvos.  And no visual or sound queue when they'll fire!

One saving grace with these guys though, is you can make them stop appearing by destroying their manufacturing plant, though in my experience so far this doesn't always work 100%. I end up disabling the fighters outside instead of stopping them from appearing.

Next, the bugs. Both of these bugs still exist. I've encountered an instance where I cannot shift back to my warframe after entering spoiler mode. I've been also seeing where I can only fire Mausolon once while in archwing outside the Railjack. While that happens, I also seemingly can't dash (double-tapping shift). It seems like the projectile from Mausolon is hitting something, my frame perhaps since I see my character staggering. This doesn't happen in regular archwing missions, even the Fomorian event.

There's also a visual bug with the affinity numbers that appear from killed enemies having different colors. It appeared once and it wasn't affecting anything, thankfully and it actually is amusing.

Finally, the way how the enemies work. The spawning in Corpus ship survival is also a doozy. They literally spawn a few meters from you and in very long hallways you'll see them spawn right in front of you. On Survival unless you aren't playing solo they seem to have the tendency to huddle up to corners or walk around, instead of rushing to your location like in non-RJ corpus survivals with the same tileset. 

Moving on, there's the Orphix. the ship tileset isn't really suited for Necramech battles in general and it really deserves its own environment. Necramechs cannot double jump, glide, and those resonators can sometimes end up in small culverts or pathways your mech cannot traverse through. The broken mechs will eat up your time due to the animation, and if you placed your necramechs there and you need to ride back to your operator, there's a pretty good chance you'll end up doing a transference with the unwanted broken mech. Coupled with the Corpus and Sentients duking it out and having the tendency to gang up on you, it just isn't that fun.

And now, the questionable drop rates/rewards. Why is Ash's parts scattered on Railjack corpus survivals/defense with 8% droprate compared to Harrow and Octavia that had better drop rates in their respective rotations?  Rotation C's also diluted with other drops like railjack junk parts, Not to mention, said railjack parts drops are already in A and B rewards. Ash, compared to those frames won't make things too easy for others and by the point you are getting Ash you'll have frames that can do his stuff. The drops on Rotation C could use a better selection besides the railjack hardware that you can already get in Rotation A and B and anywhere else.

The way the drop rates are designed is not consistent with what you are going against in RJ Survival and Defense. With the enemies, and the things you do before even starting the rotation clashes with the "high risk or level, but high reward" with other stuff like Sortie, Index, and higher era relics (for the most part). On Corpus railjack, it's a given that you'll eliminate targets before going to the ship and begin the rotation. During or after that, you will have to contend with enemies that are entirely in a different league on their own and put up a fight compared to their non-empyrean counterparts. With the way things work right now, going for railjack rewards is just a chore.

Did a different team handle Railjack? Sorry, but it's just that compared to the non-railjack gameplay there's a serious difference, design and quality wise compared to the non-railjack content.

Archived