Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A suggestion for a future "sandbox map" inside the Zariman ship

Hello DEVs.

So I've finished the main questline for Angels of Zariman, and I'm glad to see so many new options and game changes brought during this update.

Now, the Zariman ship itself does not bring us any type of new map to explore aside the Chrysalith hub itself (when compared to the previous Earth, Deimos and Orb Valis updates), hence, I feel it still lacks that jewel in order to be "on par" with the rest of your trophies.

So, allow me to suggest you guys a way of adding a different type of exploration map inside the ship itself, focused more on the horror and lore aspect of the gameplay, rather than constant fighting for survival during quests. 

Procedually generated labyrinths.

Picture a mix between "Silent Hill 1" and "Dead Space", where only an Operator (no Warframe on) would venture into exploring endless dark corridors and abandoned zones of the Zariman. We DO have this cyclopean ship available to explore, and its not just about those few mission tiles you got there (Void this, Flood that), but rather all the remainder of forgotten and creepy corridors scattered throughout hundreds of floors and square miles! The atmosphere could even bring to the player those chilling vibes from the urban legend "The Backrooms", where you run and run exploring ruins and dormitories, great halls, bathrooms, in order to acquire specific mission items for the Holdfasts (make it Codec entries, information or lost parafernalia from their long deceased Zariman crew mates). No quests here, no mission activation at all. You'd go treasure hunting at your own peril, finding jewels along the way. Meanwhile, if you still need to add some sort of action in the mix, then throw in an occasional encounter every 10 minutes or so with immortal kind of enemy which could only be temporarily halted (aka Nemesis from RE or that Hulk monster from Dead Space 2) by the Tenno's AMP, while you run away. 

Being a complex and never ending labyrinth, the focus would be to explore and go far, never really worrying to go back. Going deep. Real deep into the tunnels, maybe even adjusting the difficulty level of the immortal encounters every 30 minutes of exploration (or miles walked) or so, in order to give us that extra challenge build-up over time. There wouldn't be a time limit, but, there WOULD be some sort of inventory limiting the ammount of relics/codes you could bring back to trade at the Chrysalith. See, before you enter the labyrinth itself, you'd drop off your Warframe (barred by one of those energy walls added on this A.O.Z. update) to go on foot. Whichever items you investigate and find, you'd send them BACK to your Warframe (teleport) using a new type of menu (think of it like your general backpack inventory with slots) and they'd be secure there. However, the teleportation mind connection would only allow you to hold a "X ammount" of telekinesis energy in place (say you start with 500 units of energy). Along the way you'd then find common, uncommon and rare scavenging items, and transporting each would require a different ammount of energy mind connection (common = 25, uncommon = 50, rare = 100). Holding your mind connection to keep all those recovered items would be no easy task to the Tenno, after all. With that said, you could venture as deep as you want into the labyrinth, sure, BUT the logistics would be up to you. Do you intend to discard 10 common loot pieces just so you can hold 5 rare ones inside your inventory? That planning aspect could be very interesting to manage being an explorer.

What happens if you are caught by the immortal lurker? Your Operator wouldn't sling back all the way into your Warframe, but you'd get a fade-out black screen and wake up in the same corridor, with half your inventory gone. That would be the penalty.

Whenever you're done treasure hunting, just sling back to your Warframe who's waiting at the entrance, and you'll keep your loot. That simple.
Return to the Holdfasts and trade for... dunno, whichever items you DEVs consider worthy fitting into the program.

Anyways, I hope this could be of some use. I'm talking about a new type of game experience, here. Not everything in this game needs to be about fighting, after all. 

Thanks for everything, and keep up the good work.

Archived